There is unique and amazing opportunity to participate in Becca’s Closet: Rebecca Kirtman Memorial Scholarship that is being provided by Becca’s Closet. Graduate and high school senior who plan to attend an accredited 2 or 4-year college, technical school or university in the United States in the Summer/Fall of 2017 are eligible for the scholarship. The scholarship is intended to encourage students who have demonstrated outstanding community service in high school to continue their efforts throughout their lives and to encourage others to do the same. The amount of the scholarships start at $1,000.00
Becca’s Closet is a national, non-profit organization that donates formal dresses to high school girls who are unable to afford to purchase them. Becca’s Closet also awards scholarships to deserving high school students. The core mission of Becca’s Closet, located at the Festival Flea Market, was to collect and distribute dresses to high school girls with financial need.
To receive the Rebecca Kirtman Memorial Scholarship scholarship, a beneficiary must:
- Be a graduating high school senior
- Have made an outstanding, documented contribution to his or her local community through the creation of or involvement in a Becca’s Closet chapter or Becca’s Closet organized through a supporting organization
• Be a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident
• Plan to attend an accredited 2 or 4-year college, technical school or university in the United States in the Summer/Fall of 2017
• Have a minimum 2.0 unweighted high school grade point average on a 4.0 scale
How to Apply:
Applying for the scholarship you may download the scholarship form through the given link:
The applicant must include the following information along with your application:
- Personal Information Cover Sheet (this page)
- Official High School Transcript – Include a sealed copy of high school or college transcript.
- Letter of Recommendation from Sponsor – must be written by an adult sponsor of a Becca’s Closet chapter or Becca’s Closet supporting organization and must detail applicant’s involvement. Sponsor may not be a parent or relative of the applicant (Please Note: Adult sponsor and/or school faculty member may be contacted for confirmation and additional information).
- Essay – must be typed and no longer than 1,000 words
Complete your application along with the documents and send the applications to Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 550997
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33355
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The amount of the Rebecca Kirtman Memorial Scholarship starts at $1,000.00.
Application acceptance period for the scholarship is April 30, 2017.
Link for More Information: