The Robert E. Dougherty Educational Foundation is pleased to announce its R.E.D. Educational Foundation Scholarship Program. The student who are enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or post-graduate study for the spring of 2017, are eligible to apply. The scholarship award reflects the Foundation’s commitment to providing financial assistance to students pursuing a career in the composite panel and affiliated industries. Five winners will be selected and each will get up to $5,000 scholarship award.
The Robert E. Dougherty Educational Foundation is a not-for-profit foundation whose sole mission is to provide financial assistance to students pursuing a career in the composite panel and affiliated industries. The Foundation was formed in 1986 by the members of the Composite Panel Association.
- The student must be a citizen or permanent legal resident of the US, Canada or Mexico.
- The student must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or post-graduate study for the spring of 2017.
How to Apply:
- Complete the application form. Scholarship application form can be downloaded from the given link: http://www.compositepanel.org/userfiles/filemanager/58921e03d4fc4/
- Complete the scholarship nomination form that can be downloaded from the given link: http://www.compositepanel.org/userfiles/filemanager/58921e0b82e46/
- An official school transcript.
- Write a 1 to 2-page essay answering one of the following questions:
- What do you see as the biggest challenge facing the North American wood products industry?
- Describe a major issue within your field of study and what you would do to help/alleviate the problem?
- A recommendation letter
Send the application form, official school transcript, essay, nomination form and recommendation letter to the Foundation to:
19465 Deerfield Avenue, Suite 306
Leesburg, VA 20176
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The 2017 awards will consist of five scholarships of up to $5,000 each. Additional scholarships could be awarded depending on the quality of the submissions.
The completed application packet must be submitted by March 10, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have questions contact to Gary Heroux at gheroux-at-cpamail.org