The PRSA (Public Relations Society of America) Foundation is delighted to announce “Marcia Silverman Minority Student Award”. To be applying applicants must be enrolled in a journalism program, public relations studies or courses preparing for a career in public relations. The award program is designed to assist and prepare young adults to enter the public relations profession and works with employers and industry organizations to create workplace-based inclusion efforts to welcome, support and retain a diverse workforce. The winners of the scholarship will win the $5,000 award amount.
The PRSA (Public Relations Society of America) Foundation is an independent, 501 (c) (3) charitable organization that is committed to promoting diversity among public relations professionals and companies so that they can best serve the public good and address the needs of a diverse world. Headquartered in New York City, the PRSA Foundation was chartered under section 403 of the New York State Corporation Law as a not-for-profit organization.
You are encouraged to apply if you are
- Be enrolled in a journalism program, public relations studies or courses preparing for a career in public relations.
- Be entering your senior year of undergraduate studies this fall.
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Should be of African-American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, Native American, Alaskan Native or Pacific Islander ancestry.
How to Apply:
To be applying please Sign Up through the given link. You can check the application form: https://app.wizehive.com/appform/login/prsafoundationscholarship
As part of your application, you must upload the following documents:
- An application form (Word or PDF) signed by both you and a faculty member or PRSSA Adviser.
- A letter of recommendation, no more than two pages, from either a faculty member or PRSSA Adviser.
- No more than two additional letters of recommendation from internship employers, educators or others.
- A one-page resume.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
$5,000 will go towards the winner’s educational pursuits.
The deadline for the scholarship is May 26, 2017.
Link for More Information: