Pistoia Alliance, Inc. is delighted to announce the launch of our 3rd President’s Series Startup Challenge! The Competition is open only to corporations (including not-for-profit corporations and other nonprofit organizations), limited liability companies, partnerships, and other legal entities that, at the time of entry are legally formed.The goal of the competition is to support design-driven production, promote a culture of innovation and commercialization, and foster the development of new ideas in the life science industry. Through the challenge program, the organization will provide total $55,000. Both the Grand Prize and Audience Choice winners will receive a $15,000 cash prize and six months’ mentorship from an assigned Pistoia Alliance member with industry expertise who will serve as a mentor to help the Grand Prize and Audience Choice winner develop its business plan and $5000 for the each runner up (up to five Finalist).
The Pistoia Alliance is a group of life sciences industry experts that was established in 2009 by representatives of AstraZeneca, GSK, Novartis and Pfizer who met at a conference in Pistoia, Italy. It is a global, not-for-profit alliance of life science companies, vendors, publishers, and academic groups that work together to lower barriers to innovation in R&D.
To eligible, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Corporations (including not-for-profit corporations and other nonprofit organizations), limited liability companies, partnerships, and other legal entities that, at the time of entry are legally formed, and employ fewer than fifty (50) people and have under $5 million in revenue or balance sheet capital (“Organizations”). The size of the organization shall include any affiliates, parent, or subsidiary entities.
- The organization must be a legally registered business entity in the location in which it conducts business. The organization shall not be located in Cuba, Iran or any country restricted to do business in the United States.
- Contestants must own or have access at their own expense to a computer, an Internet connection, and any other electronic devices, documentation, software or other items a Contestant may deem necessary to create and enter their Submission.
- Each Organization shall appoint one individual (the “Representative”) to represent and act, including registering and entering a Submission, on behalf of the Organization. The Representative must be duly authorized to submit on behalf of the Organization. The Representative represents and warrants that he/she is duly authorized to act on behalf of the Organization, and has read the Official Rules and that the Organization agrees to abide by these Official Rules. The Representative will ensure that each member of the Organization participating in entering the Submission, or in decisions related to the Submission, has read and complies with the Official Rules.
- An individual may join more than one Organization.
- The following individuals, teams, and Organizations are not eligible regardless of whether or not they meet the criteria set forth above:
- The Sponsor and any advertising agency, contractor or other organization involved with the design, production, promotion, execution, or distribution of the Competition (collectively “Promotion Entities”), all employees, representatives and agents of such Promotion Entities, and all members of any such employee, representative or agent’s immediate family or household
- Any individual involved in the design, production, promotion, execution, or distribution of the Competition and each member of any such individual’s immediate family or household
- Any organization or individual that employs any Judge or Mentor or that otherwise has a material business relationship or affiliation with any Judge or Mentor
- Any parent company, subsidiary, or another affiliate of any organization described above.
- For purposes hereof:
- The members of an individual’s immediate family include such individual’s spouse, children and step-children, parents and step-parents, and siblings and step-siblings
- The members of an individual’s household include any other person who shares the same residence as such individual for at least three (3) months out of the year.
How to Apply:
To apply for the challenge, the Contestant may enter a submission by completing the entry form by register/login through the given link: http://presidents2017.startupcompete.co/
Interested in innovative startups in these fields:
- Real World Data: Show how advances in computing technology enable the use of real world data.
- Blockchain for Healthcare: Show how blockchain technology could transform & disrupt Life Science and health business models.
- Lab of the Future: Technologies and solutions that support or advance laboratory research
- Accelerate Early Stage Clinical Trials: Solutions that can have a transformative and game-changing impact for the cost, execution or accuracy of trials
- AI / Deep Learning: Help their industry make sense out of data to help advance Research and Development.
- Transformative Informatics: Alongside these fields, we are always interested in entries in the area of life science R&D informatics
Contestants must create and develop a business plan for a product or service with commercial potential that, if implemented, would have a meaningful impact on lowering the barrier to entry for research and development in the life science field. A Submission must include a description of a new physical product or service, which is scientifically and technically feasible.
Submissions must include:
- The Contestant’s name
- The name of the Plan
- A brief text summary (no more than one paragraph) summarizing the Plan
- A brief text summary (no more than one paragraph) explaining how the idea relates to the Pistoia Alliance mission statement as published at http://www.pistoiaalliance.org/
- An uploaded PDF file no longer than 5 pages, which includes answers to required questions about the Plan and Contestant outlined below in Section 6 C
- The Contestant Representative’s phone number and email address
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Pistoia Alliance, Inc.wantsto reward the innovators, offering:
- A chance to pitch to R&D Leaders at our Boston Conference
- A $55000 prize fund:
(Two winners of $20000 and $5000 for each runner up)
- 6 months mentorship and support from leading industry experts
- One year’s access to Elsevier’s R&D Solutions portfolio
- Contestants may enter submission no later than Thursday, August 31st, 2017, at 23:59 midnight EST, and finalists will be notified on Thursday 7th September 2017.
- Live pitching and grand prize award will be awarded on Tuesday 10 October 2017 in Boston, MA, USA
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact David Proudlock at david.proudlock-at-pistoiaalliance.org