If you are a student, a parent, or a school counselor, the Peyton Anderson Foundation is inviting you to learn more and apply for this coming year’s Peyton Anderson Foundation Scholarship Program. Applicants must be highly promising graduating seniors of a high school in Bibb County, Georgia, to be eligible. The mission of the program is to help high school students who demonstrate academic promise, strong character, community involvement, and financial need. Ten or more scholarships will be awarded each year up to $7,500 depending on your financial need, tuition and living expenses.
The Peyton Anderson Foundation is committed to enhancing the quality of life in the communities of Macon, Bibb County, and Middle Georgia.
To be eligible for the scholarship, the candidate must meet all the following criteria:
- Applicants must be highly promising graduating seniors of a high school in Bibb County, Georgia. Students of both public and private high schools are eligible, provided their school is accredited by SACS (Southern Association of Colleges and Schools).
- Applicants must have attended school in Bibb County during the previous 2 school years
- Applicants must be residents of Bibb County and have resided in Bibb County for the past 2 years
- Applicants must have at least a 2.0 GPA
- A scholarship will only be awarded to graduating seniors who enroll in an eligible college or university for the Fall Semester immediately following their high school graduation.
- Applicants must enroll as full-time undergraduate students
- Applicants must have financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens who have attended school in Bibb County during the previous two school years
- Applicants should be of good character and demonstrate active involvement in their communities
How to Apply:
To be applying for the Peyton Anderson scholarship, candidate can create an account through the given link:https://www.grantinterface.com/Common/LogOn.aspx?eqs=ULUxrLEqb2y1E27XEFZyXA2
To apply for a Peyton Anderson Scholarship ensure you have the completed the following tasks and have the appropriate documents ready to submit with your application:
- Two recommendation letters
- High school transcript with test card scores
- SAT or ACT scores
- Student Aid Report from the FAFSA
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The scholarship varies up to $7,500 per year, depending on your financial need, tuition and living expenses. Ten or more scholarships will be awarded each year.
- Candidates can combine a Peyton Anderson Scholarship with the HOPE scholarship and other financial aid awards.
- Applications for 2017 will be open January 1, 2017.
- Complete applications are due by April 7, 2017.
Link for more Information:
For any additional questions, contact at 478-314-0948 or e-mail at scholarships-at-pafdn.org.