Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) is giving you chance to apply for this “Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship”. Any high school junior residing anywhere in the U.S. and playing for a high school team or in club sports are eligible to apply. The scholarship is aimed to develop better athletes, better people through resources for youth and high school sports coaches, parents, administrators, and student-athletes. The award amount announced by PCA for the Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship is $1,000-$2,000 (depending on location).
Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) is a national non-profit organization. Founded in 1998, PCA has conducted more than 10,000 workshops for more than 1,700 schools and youth sports organizations, affecting more than 4.5 million youth and high school athletes. It’s mission to transform the culture of youth sports so that youth athletes can have a positive, character-building experience.
Students selected to receive these scholarships must also meet the following
- Current high school junior (class of 2018)
- Grade Point Average of 2.5 or above
- Current resident of the United States of America
- Participant in individual or team sport sponsored by school or local club
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship firstly you may sign up, you can sign up yourself through the given link:
A completed application comprises:
- Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship Application
- One testimonial from a school administrator (athletic director, teacher, counselor, etc.)
- One testimonial from a coach
- At least one testimonial (and up to three) by individuals who are familiar with the student-athlete and able to speak to his/her embodiment of the Triple-Impact Competitor principles (for example fellow teammates, competitors, referees etc.)
Financial Aid and Award Money:
PCA awards scholarships of $1,000-$2,000 (depending on location) to high school athletes, based on their essays explaining how they meet the standard defined in Elevating Your Game.
Applications for the scholarships will be open until May 31, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any problems, please e-mail Program Administrator Jennie Wulbrun