P.E.O. Scholar Awards are one-time, competitive, merit-based awards for women of the United States and Canada who are pursuing a doctoral level degree at an accredited college or university. In addition to recognizing and encouraging excellence in higher education, these awards provide partial support for study and research for women who will make significant contributions in their varied fields of endeavor. The number of awards varies and the current maximum award value is $15,000.
P.E.O. is clearly making a difference in the lives of women all over the world. Almost 99,000 women have benefited from our organization’s educational grants, loans, awards, special projects and stewardship of Cottey College.
- An applicant for a P.E.O. Scholar Award is required to be nominated by a local P.E.O. chapter and to be a citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States or Canada
- She must be within two years of completing her doctoral level degree and she must have one full academic year of work remaining at the time the award payment is made (August 1)
- She must be enrolled full time in her program at an accredited college or university
How to Apply:
Nominations for the P.E.O Scholar Awards are made only by local chapters, using the online nomination form.
- The nominee’s proposal
- Potential to make significant contributions in her field(s) of endeavor or for a positive impact on society
- Recommendations from three university professors or advisers
- Evidence of scholarly activities – publications, presentations, patents, performances, etc.
- Academic awards and honors – honor societies, scholarships, etc.
- Academic record – grades
- Career objectives
- Unique academic and global experiences
Financial aid and Award Money:
The numbers of awards are determined each year in accordance with the funds available. The current maximum award is $15,000.
The on-line nomination will be accepted through August 20, 2016, to November 20, 2016.
Link for More Information:
Questions by the nominee with regard to the application process should be directed to the P.E.O. Scholar Awards office at (515) 255-3153 or psa-at-peodsm.org