The American College of Surgeons (ACS) is pleased to offer a fellowship program named as “Claude H. Organ, Jr., MD, FACS, Traveling Fellowship”. The fellowship is open to an outstanding surgeon from the Society of Black Academic Surgeons, the Association of Women Surgeons, or the Surgical Section of the National Medical Association. The fellowship program is intended to support an outstanding young surgeon so he or she can attend an educational meeting or make an extended visit to an institution of his or her choice, tailored to his or her research interests. The winning candidates will get will get $5,000 award amount.
The American College of Surgeons (ACS) is a scientific and educational association of surgeons that was founded in 1913 to improve the quality of care for the surgical patient by setting high standards for surgical education and practice.
The Organ Fellowship is available to a U.S. or Canadian member of the American College of Surgeons in any of the surgical specialties who meets the following requirements:
- Is a member of the Society of Black Academic Surgeons, the Association of Women Surgeons, or the Surgical Section of the National Medical Association
- Is a Fellow or Associate Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Is no more than 45 years of age on the date the application is filed
How to Apply:
- To be applying you must write an essay of up to two pages, describing why the applicant wishes to receive the Organ Fellowship and his or her plans for using it
- After completing your application you must send to the attention of the ACS Scholarships Administrator at scholarships-at-facs.org.
Applicants may also submit the following documents
- The applicant’s current brief curriculum vitae
- One letter of nomination/recommendation from applicant’s chair or mentor
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Sum of $5,000 award money will be given to the winning candidates.
Application acceptance deadline is June 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: