If you’re graduating high school this year and heading off to college this fall, don’t miss this amazing opportunity to apply for the scholarship program named as “Ocean First Scholarship Program”, announced by Ocean First Foundation. To be eligible for the scholarship program applicant must be an incoming full-time freshman for the fall semester of 2017. The scholarship is aimed to support higher education and youth development. Total, $400,000 in scholarships will be awarded to incoming freshman students – $50,000 on each campus.
Since its founding in 1902, Ocean First Bank has built a legacy as a good neighbor and responsible corporate citizen. The Bank’s strong commitment to helping families, schools, organizations and communities throughout central and southern New Jersey meet their financial needs has spanned generations reaching new heights in 1996 with the creation of Ocean First Foundation.
To be considered, applicants must comply with all the following requirements:
- Applicant must be an incoming full-time freshman for the fall semester of 2017
- Applicant must be a 2017 graduate of a High School within the Ocean First Bank footprint
- Applicant must currently reside within the geographic boundary of one of the eligible high school districts listed
- Applicant must have a minimum GPA of 3.0 at the time of application for admission
How to Apply:
- If you are interested in applying for the scholarship, you can go through the given link and download the application form: http://www.oceanfirstfdn.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2017-Scholarship-Application-PDF.pdf
- If you are applying to Ocean County College, you are also required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which can be found at www.fafsa.gov.
After completing the applications mail to the appropriate College/University. The address of particular college/university can be found through the given link: http://www.oceanfirstfdn.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2017-Scholarship-Application-PDF.pdf
Financial Aid and Award Money:
For the 2017 academic year, Ocean First Foundation will provide $50,000 grants and scholarships will be awarded as follows:
- Community Colleges
- Atlantic Cape Community College Fifty (50) $1,000 Scholarships
- Brookdale Community College Fifty (50) $1,000 Scholarships
- Cumberland County College Fifty (50) $1,000 Scholarships
- Ocean County College Fifty (50) $1,000 Scholarships
- Georgian Court University Twenty (20) $2,500 Scholarships
- Monmouth University Twenty (20) $2,500 Scholarships
- Rowan University Twenty (20) $2,500 Scholarships
- Stockton University Twenty (20) $2,500 Scholarships
The application deadline is May 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: