New York Theatre Workshop (NYTW) is proud to announce the launch of the 2050 Administrative Fellowship program—a sister program to our successful 2050 Artistic Fellowship, which supports emerging playwrights and directors. The new 2050 Administrative Fellowship program is designed to provide first-rate instruction and mentorship to young professionals who are underrepresented in the field of theatre administration. They seek applicants who are interested in working in an administrative capacity at a not-for-profit arts organization. From July-December 2017 Fellows will be paid $13/hr and from January-June 2018 they will receive $15/hr.
Founded in 1979, New York Theatre Workshop is dedicated to ensuring the robust and compelling presence of the artist in our society.
- Applications from candidates not currently living in New York City, however, applicants must be available to travel to NYC at their own expense for the fellowship, and also must be willing and able to relocate to the NYC metro area for the duration of the fellowship.
- International applicants must take full responsibility for arranging their travel, travel documents, and housing accommodations.
- If awarded a 2050 Administrative Fellowship, you must provide Employment Eligibility Verification as detailed on Form I-9, Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services in order to receive the Fellowship stipend. If you cannot provide appropriate documentation, we will be unable to offer payment.
How to Apply:
You can apply online for 2050 Administrative Fellowship program through the given link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4601742
- A personal statement (750 word-limit)
- A résumé or CV that lists both administrative and theater experience
- Two letters of recommendation
Financial Aid and Award Money:
At present, Fellows are paid NYC minimum wage. From July-December 2017 Fellows will be paid $13/hr and from January-June 2018 they will receive $15/hr. The first full season of the program will run from July 2017 through June 2018.
Application deadline is April 1, 2017, by 5 pm EST.
Link for More Information:
Direct all inquiries to adminfellowship-at-nytw.org.