The Higher Education Services Corporation of New York State is delighted to announce NYS Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Incentive Program. The STEM Incentive Program is open to high school senior/recent high school graduate who will be enrolled full-time at a SUNY or CUNY college. The program intensive provides a tuition scholarship for students to pursuing a STEM degree. For the 2016-2017 academic year, the award amount of STEM Incentive Program is a maximum of $6,470.
The Higher Education Services Corporation (HESC) is New York State’s higher education student financial aid agency. The Mission of HESCs to help people for pay to college.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be an NYS resident and have resided in NYS for 12 continuous months prior to the beginning of the fall college term
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- be a high school senior/recent high school graduate who will be enrolled full-time at a SUNY or CUNY college, including community colleges and the statutory colleges at Cornell University and Alfred University, beginning in the fall term following his or her high school graduation
- Be ranked in the top 10 percent of his/her high school graduating class at an NYS high school
- Be matriculated in an approved undergraduate program leading to a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics at a SUNY or CUNY college
- Earn a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher each term after the first semester
- Execute a Service Contract agreeing to reside and work in the field of Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics in NYS for five years
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship program you may download the application form through the given link:
Financial Aid and Award Money:
A recipient receives $6,470 an annual award for full-time study equal to the annual tuition charged to NYS resident students attending an undergraduate program at the State University of New York.
The deadline of NYS Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Incentive Program Application is August 15, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question Please contact the HESC Scholarship Unit at scholarships-at-hesc.ny.gov or 888-697-4372