The National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS) Foundation is sponsoring Tesoro Youth Leadership Awards for outstanding young leaders who are currently high school seniors with a minimum GPA of 3.0. This new scholarship has been launched to encourage young scholars who are leading by example in their schools and communities. As NSHSS seeks to support education in the form of other types of scholarships that can help our future leaders achieve their dreams. A total of twenty (20) $2,500 scholarships will be awarded.
The goal of the National Society of High School Scholars (NSHSS) Foundation is to support, encourage, and enable young people to pursue higher education by helping to eliminate financial barriers to entry.
- Eligibility requirements include high school seniors graduating in 2017 who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents of one of the following 19 states where Tesoro does business: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin or Wyoming.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 or the equivalent.
How to Apply:
- Applying for the scholarship, candidates must apply on-line through the given link: http://nshssfoundation.org/tesoro-youth-leadership-award-application-2017/
- In 500 words or less, please indicate how you have exhibited these values in your response to the following question: Discuss how, through your leadership and participation in school and community events, activities and organizations, you possess the mindset and skills to succeed one day as a leader in a challenging corporate environment.
Applying candidate must attach these documents with Application Form:
- Personal response of up to 500 words answering the question provided on the application
- Tesoro Financial Need Form is included for application.Link of downloading Tesoro Financial Need Form is: https://nshssfoundation.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Tesoro-Financial-Need-2017-1.pdf
- Color headshot for possible website posting
- The recommendation form is included for application
Candidate can upload or email or mail the additional materials:
- Email: scholarships-at-nshssfoundation.org
- Mailed to the following address::
Tesoro Leadership Award
1936 N. Druid Hills Road
Atlanta, GA 30319
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Tesoro Companies, Inc. is providing twenty $2,500 college scholarships for outstanding young leaders.
Applicants must submit the application material by the deadline February 26, 2017.
Link for More Information: