The National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) is offering Jansky Fellowship Program that provides numerous opportunities for early career scientists to acquire a deep knowledge and understanding of the state-of-the-art in radio astronomy and to establish themselves as innovative, independent research scientists. Jansky fellows are encouraged to develop research collaborations with NRAO scientific staff, scientists at U.S. universities, and their colleagues in the international astronomical community. The starting salary for the 2017 Jansky Fellowship program will be $65,000 per year for an initial two-year appointment with possible renewal for a third year.
The National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO) operates a complementary, state-of-the-art suite of four radio telescope facilities for use by the scientific community, regardless of institutional or national affiliation.
- The Jansky Fellowship Program is open to outstanding postdoctoral scientists whose research is broadly related to the mission and scientific goals of the world-class research facilities operated by the National Radio Astronomy Observatory (NRAO): the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array, Very Large Array, Very Long Baseline Array, and Green Bank Telescope
- Prior radio-wavelength experience is not required and research that synergistically employs NRAO telescopes in multi-wavelength collaborations is encouraged
- Candidates with interests in radio astronomy instrumentation, computation, and theory are also encouraged to apply
How to Apply:
The candidates must login themselves through the given link: https://cw.na1.hgncloud.com/nrao/index.do
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Publications list
- A summary of previous and current research (a maximum of 3 pages of text, including figures and references, 12 pt font)
- A research proposal (a maximum of 4 pages of text, including figures and references, 12 pt font) that includes a plan for the host institution (NRAO or US University)
- Each applicant should arrange for letters of reference to be submitted by three individuals (“referees”) familiar with her or his scientific abilities directly to the Office of Science and Academic Affairs.
The starting salary for the 2016 Jansky Fellowship program will be $64,260 per year for an initial two-year appointment with possible renewal for a third year.
The deadline for the receipt of all 2017 Jansky Fellowship Program application materials, including letters of reference, is Tuesday, November 1, 2016.
Link for More Information:
Questions or assistance with the application procedure, as well as requests for additional information on the Jansky Fellowship Program, may be sent to Jansky2017-at-nrao.edu.