Negative Population Growth (NPG), a national membership organization devoted to population issues, invites students to compete in our annual Essay Scholarship Contest. The contest is open to high school senior or a college freshman, sophomore, or junior enrolled in an official undergraduate program of study for the fall 2017 semester. The purpose of organization educates the American public and elected officials regarding the damaging effects of overpopulation on our environment, resources, and quality of life. Winners will receive multiple awards ranges from $1,000 to $2,000.
Negative Population Growth, Inc. (NPG) is a national nonprofit membership organization. It was founded in 1972 to educate the American public and political leaders about the devastating effects of overpopulation on our environment, resources and standard of living.
- Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Applicant must be a senior in high school or a college freshman, sophomore, or junior enrolled in an official undergraduate program of study for the fall 2017 semester.
- Applicant must be 14 years old or older.
- Applicant must be currently enrolled in or attending an accredited school within the United States or operated overseas by the U.S. government, for the fall 2017 semester.
- Applicant must sign and date the Application Form. (A parent or guardian signature is also required for all applicants under 18.)
- Relatives of employees or directors of NPG are not eligible.
- Not valid where prohibited.
How to Apply:
- To apply, the candidates can download the application form from the given link: http://www.npg.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/2017-npg-essay-app-rules-release-R3.pdf
- Applicants must write an essay on the following topic, between 500 and 750 words, in 12-14 pt. the font in an MSWord document or an MS Word compatible file.
“President Donald Trump and the more than 50 new Members of the 115th Congress should learn about the critical issue of U.S. population size and growth. Students are requested to provide NPG with a three- to five-point plan to educate these freshmen legislators about the sources of U.S. population growth, as well as policy suggestions to slow, halt, and eventually reverse our growth in order to preserve America’s environment, economy, natural resources, and quality of life.”
The complete application should be emailed at NPGEssayScholarship-at-gmail.com.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The NPG offers multiple awards for deserving candidates, ranging in value from $3,000 to $7,500.
Entries must be received by April 21, 2017. Winners will be announced online at NPG.org by June 30, 2017.
Link for More Information: