The Network of Executive Women In Hospitality (NEWH), Inc. is pleased to announce the NEWH ICON of Industry $7,500 Scholarship. The ICON Scholarship is open to outstanding hospitality students who have currently enrolled student attending an accredited college. NEWH is the premier networking resource for the hospitality industry that providing scholarships, education, leadership development, recognition of excellence, and business development opportunities.The winners will get up to $7,500 scholarship award that may be used for tuition or program approved books or supplies.Winning student receives paid airfare/lodging to Gold Key Awards Gala in New York City in November
The Network Of Executive Women In Hospitality, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in 1984 in Los Angeles by a group of women who shared a common bond in their work.Members of NEWH, Inc. are professionals actively engaged in the development, management/ operations, architecture, communications, design, distribution, education, manufacturing, production, purchasing, and sales of the Hospitality, Foodservice, Senior Living and related industries.
To eligible the students must meet the following criteria:
- Students who are pursuing a career in a similar field as the selected NEWH ICON.
- Must be a currently enrolled student attending an accredited college
- Must have completed half the credits/requirements for an undergraduate degree or be enrolled in a graduate program
- Must show financial need and have eligible outstanding debt for tuition, books or supplies at time of scholarship award
- Must have 3.0 cumulative GPA or a current overall grade percentage of 83 – 86% or B average equivalent
- Must be pursuing a career objective in hospitality interior design
- Must have participated in an industry internship program or similar position
- Must be able to attend the Gold Key Awards Gala on November 13, 2017, at Gotham Hall in New York City with airfare and lodging provided
- Scholarships are open to international students
- NEWH membership is not required but is free to students + full-time educators contact:newh.membership-at-newh.org (access social and educational opportunities)
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can download application through the given link: http://www.newh.org/wp-content/uploads/Scholarship/ICON/IconScholarshipApplication_17.pdf
Submit items in (1) PDF FILE with your application:
- Student essay two pages double spaced in 12pt. to include:
- Background of yourself and your experience
- Your goals and objectives after graduation
- What prompted you to choose this career?
- Describe the contributions you have made to your school program or fellow students through leadership or participation
- Why is obtaining this scholarship important to you?
- If your application is not accepted, what plans do you have for financing?
- Internship essay two pages double spaced in 12pt. to include: Describe internship and give an analysis of benefits/personal growth it provided you
- Official transcript (PDF or email/mail separately)
- Letters of recommendation from professor, advisor, department head, etc. (no minimum required)
- Letters from industry professionals, past or current employers, etc. (minimum of three)
The applicant must submit all items through the following ways:
- Mailing- address for letters or transcripts (if needed): NEWH, Inc. Post Office Box 322 Shawano, WI 54166
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- NEWH, Inc. proudly announces the 13th in a series, NEWH ICON of Industry $7,500 Scholarship Award.Awarded scholarship funds are distributed through the student’s school to be used for tuition or program approved books or supplies.
- Winning student receives paid airfare/lodging to Gold Key Awards Gala in New York City in November (during BDNY).
- The student must be able to attend awards event.
- The application must be received no later than July 15, 2017, and the winner will be honored on November 13, 2017, during the Boutique Design Gold Key Awards Gala at Gotham Hall in New York City.
- The event is held in conjunction with HX: The Hotel Experience and Boutique Design New York trade fair and conference and is sponsored by Boutique Design Magazine.
Link for More Information:
If you have any questions, contact to 800.593. NEWHnewh.scholarship-at-newh.org