The NSA Foundation is now offering the “National Society of Accountants Scholarship Program” to those students who are committed to pursuing a career in accounting. The program is open to undergraduates who are enrolled in a degree program at an accredited two- or four-year college or university. The purpose of the scholarship is to provide financial encouragement to promising accounting students across the country and helps to more qualified young accountants. The foundation will provide award range from $500 to $2,200. The award money will be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies.
Formed in 1969, the NSA Foundation is a 501(c)3, tax-exempt organization and relies on voluntary, tax-deductible contributions to support its programs. A Board of Trustees holds full fiduciary responsibility for management of the Foundation and its programs.
To be eligible for this award, you must:
- Be the United States or Canadian citizen.
- Permanent residents are NOT eligible to apply with the exception of applicants from Arizona. Legal residents of Arizona may apply.
- Be majoring in accounting, having maintained a 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- Be an undergraduate enrolled part- or full-time at an accredited (2) two-year or (4) four-year college or university in the United States.
- Applicants from Arizona must carry a minimum of 9 credit hours.
- Students in an accredited (2) two-year college may apply following their first semester grades or during their second year if transferring to a (4) four-year institution, provided they are committed to a major in accounting throughout the remainder of their college careers.
- Students in an accredited (4) four-year college may apply for the scholarship for their second, third, or fourth year of studies, provided they are committed to a major in accounting throughout the remainder of their college careers.
- High School Seniors or College Students not yet enrolled in an undergraduate accounting program are NOT eligible to receive NSA Scholarship Foundation Awards.
How to Apply:
To be applying for the application, the candidates may register or create a new account, through the given link: https://aim.applyists.net/Account/LogOn?ReturnUrl=%2fNSA
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Award amounts range from $500 to $2,200.
- The scholarships will be applied to tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for course load at accredited, nonprofit two- or four-year colleges/universities in the United States.
- Students may transfer from one institution to another and retain the award.
The application deadline is April 3, 2017, by 11:59 PM Pacific Time Zone
Link for more Information:
For additional information regarding the scholarship program, contact – call toll free (855) 670-ISTS (4787)