The Eight and Forty’s mission is to offer aid and support with the prevention and control of lung disease(s) in children. With the mission, they are offering the” National Lung & Respiratory Scholarship Program” to students who are attending an accredited school of nursing or an accredited respiratory therapist program. The 8 & 40 is rooted in supporting the medical community specifically those professionals directly involved in respiratory illnesses in children. The winners of the scholarship will get up to $3,000 scholarships amount.
The Eight and Forty -La Boutique des Huit Chapeaux et Quarante Femmes is a 501(c)4 non-profit organization. The “Eight and Forty”has been given the task of assisting in the prevention and control of all respiratory diseases in children providing scholarships for nurses continuing their education in this field, supporting National Jewish Health’s pediatric needs and the Morgridge Academy for Chronically Ill Children.
- The applicant must attend an accredited school of nursing or an accredited respiratory therapist program.
- An applicant may apply once each year provided she/he maintains a 3.0 GPA or above.
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship, the candidates may request an application for the National Lung & Respiratory Scholarship contact to Salon National, PO Box 1108, Lake Dallas, Texas 75065-1108. And email requests are also accepted at lasecretaire-at-8and40.org.
Include the following documents with the application:
- Brief essay on why you are pursuing this career and your future goals
- Three non-relative letters of recommendations which may include clergy, charity groups, school counselors, etc
- Transcript of previous school grades which may be high school records if no college classes to date
- Proof of class registration
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The scholarship amount is $3,000 annually which shall be administered by the college/ university or therapist program financial office.
The annual application deadline is May 15th. The announcement of awards will be made by July 1st every year. All applicants will be notified in writing.
Link for more Information: