At National Geographic, believe transformational ideas can come from anywhere, from anyone.That’s why they are sponsoring the National Geographic Chasing Genius Challenge.Explore your curiosities, share your stories, and turn your ideas into a catalyst for change in the world. The contest is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. No purchase necessary to win, enter the chasing genius challenge and you could win $25,000 to turn your ideas into catalysts for change in the world.The four winners will receive $25,000 each to take their ideas further.The total amount is $100,000.
At National Geographic, they believe in the power of science, exploration, and storytelling to change the world. The National Geographic Society (NGS) was founded in 1888, headquartered in Washington, D.C., United States, is one of the largest non-profit scientific and educational institutions in the world. National Geographic Partners is the global leader in visually compelling, non-fiction entertainment.
- The applicant must be legal residents of the fifty (50) the United States and the District of Columbia
- The applicant must beat least eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry are eligible to enter.
- Officers, directors and employees, including NG Explorers, of Sponsor, and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies (all such individuals and entities referred to collectively as the “Contest Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household are not eligible to enter the Contest or win a prize.
- Additionally, any person who has previously received a grant or other any other type of funding from the National Geographic Society is not eligible to enter the Contest or win a prize.
- This Contest is void where prohibited.
- No businesses or non-profit organizations are permitted to enter the Contest or win a prize.
How to Apply:
To enter, the applicant must create a Chasing Genius account, and complete the entry form on the Website. The link is http://www.natgeochasinggenius.com/submit
The entry form will ask for you
- To create a title for your Idea,
- A brief description of your Idea,
- A brief description of the problem you are trying to resolve,
- A brief description of your solution,
- A little background information on what inspired your Idea,
- Upload your one-minute video into one of the three Categories to complete your Submission.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Four (4) Grand Prizes are available: The total approximate retail value of all Grand Prizes is One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000)
- Each Grand Prize winner will receive twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000)
The National Geographic’s “Chasing Genius” Challenge begins on June 1, 2017, at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) and ends on September 1, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. ET. The winners will be announced on September 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: