The MES Foundation (MES) is pleased to announce the Richard H. Pierce Memorial Scholarship in honor of MES founder, Dick Pierce who passed away in 2011. The intent of the scholarship program is to assist Maine students who have both a demonstrated financial need and distinguished academic merit. The MES is proud to continue its efforts to expand access to higher education for all Maine students by providing valuable college scholarship opportunities. The MES Foundation will award a total of 10 scholarships to eligible students ($5,000 scholarship per student).
The MES Foundation (MES) is proud to have helped so many Maine students and families and they look forward to continued collaboration with many local schools and community organizations to help them spread the word about their valuable college scholarship opportunities.
- Be a Maine resident entering 1st year of post-secondary education
- Intend to enroll or be enrolled in a two (2) or four (4) year degree-granting college or university, which is accredited by the Association of Schools and Colleges
- Show a strong desire to complete degree program
- Demonstrated financial need
- Applicant must be an incoming or first-year college freshman.
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant may create an account to submit online application through the given link: https://mesfoundation.awardspring.com/
- A personal essay of 300 words or more
- School and/or Community Recommendations
- Academic excellence demonstrated by the content of the applicant’s transcript and GPA
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- A $5,000 scholarship per student per year will be awarded
- Scholarships will be renewable for up to 4 years (depending on the grade level of the student)
- A total of 10 scholarships will be awarded to eligible students in 2017
The application deadline is due on April 15, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact at info-at-mesfoundation.org or call at 207-791-3600