The Lake Washington Institute of Technology is delighted to announce the Future Tech Stars scholarship that is funded by the National Science Foundation. The program is open to those students who are committed to attending LWTech full-time and must participate in one approved activity related to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). The Foundation provides hardworking and highly motivated students with scholarships and emergency financial assistance, enabling them to pursue their academic and career goals. The Recipients will receive up to $125,000 and will be encouraged to participate in additional activities, such as designing a mobile app with a team of students, working on real-world projects for local businesses.
Lake Washington Institute of Technology (LWTech) was founded in 1949 (Located just outside of Seattle, WA), and is the only public institute of technology in the state of Washington. LWTech offers six bachelor’s degrees, 47 associate degrees and 89 professional certificates in 44 areas of study, including STEM-focused programs in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.The Foundation is a nonprofit, tax-exempt organization established to raise money and provide support for LWTech students, faculty, staff, and programs.
To eligible for the scholarship, the applicant must meet all the following criteria:
- Students enrolled in one of the following programs for spring, summer or fall quarter:
- Computer Security and Network Technician (CSNT)
- Information Technology and Applications Development (ITAD)
- Digital Gaming and Media
- Multimedia Design and Production (MMDP)
- Have financial need as indicated by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Be committed to attending LWTech full-time (minimum 12 credits)
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher while enrolled at LWTech
- Must not have a Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Be a U.S. citizen, have national refugee alien status, or have permanent resident alien status.
- Scholarship recipients must participate in one approved activity related to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math), such as participating in a job fair or visiting a transfer university.
- Currently enrolled at LWTech, or
- Applied to LWTech for Spring, Summer or Fall Quarter http://www.lwtech.edu/admissions/new-students/
- Be a Future Tech Star! Students in the following programs are eligible to apply:
- Multimedia Design and Production
- Digital Gaming
- Information Technology and Applications Development
- Computer Security and Networking
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can register through the given link: https://lwtechfoundation.awardspring.com/
Filled out the Federal Student Aid form (FAFSA) http://www.lwtech.edu/admissions/financial-aid/
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The Future Tech Stars scholarship will award $125,000 a year to low-income, non-traditional students in Design and IT disciplines.
- Scholarship recipients will be encouraged to participate in additional activities, such as designing a mobile app with a team of students, working on real-world projects for local businesses.
The online application submission is due on June 5, 2017.
Link for More Information