The Evergreen State College is pleased to announce the Fourth Annual Value of the Liberal Arts Essay Contest for high school seniors. The contest is part of the WaCLA’s outreach program designed to promote the power and value of the liberal arts. Numerous colleges and universities, both public and private, two-year and four-year, all across the State of Washington have come together to create a cohesive, coherent voice. Three winners will be selected and they will get $3000, $2000 and $1000 respectively.
Evergreen is a progressive, public liberal arts and sciences college located in Olympia, Washington, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest.
- All Washington State high school seniors enrolled during the 2016-17 academic year are eligible to enter.
- Winners must be admitted to and matriculate in a WaCLA institution to receive their scholarship.
How to Apply:
- To be entering in the essay contest, the candidates are required to write an essay on the following topic:
In no more than 500 words, write an essay to your fellow high school students about why it’s wise to pursue a liberal education. “Show how a liberal education helps you understand an ethical issue that concerns you and your peers when you think about the future.”
- The candidates can login themselves through the given link, to submit their essay: https://collab.evergreen.edu/hsessay/user/login
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The First Prize winner will receive a $3,000 scholarship to a Washington Consortium for the Liberal Arts (WaCLA) school,
- The Second Prize winner will receive a $2,000 scholarship to a WaCLA institution, and
- The Third Prize winner will receive a $1,000 scholarship to a WaCLA school.
The deadline for submissions is January 13, 2017, at 5:00 pm PST.
Link for More Information: