The Ladies Auxiliary VFW (Veterans of Foreign Wars) is excited to announce the scholarship to support the members of the organization. The members, who wish to continue their education by pursuing a college degree or a career direction at technical school, are eligible to apply. One scholarship will be offered to a selected candidate in each of the four Ladies Auxiliary VFW Conferences.
For more than 100 years, Ladies Auxiliary VFW have been supporting the Veterans of Foreign Wars, serving veterans and their families, active-duty military and their families, and spreading patriotism nationwide. The members of organization are the female relatives of those who have served in overseas combat.
- Qualifying member must have been a member of the Ladies Auxiliary VFW for one year prior to application
- The spouse, daughter, and son of the member of the Ladies Auxiliary VFW are also eligible to apply
- Applicant must be 18 years of age or older
- Previous national winners are not eligible
How to Apply:
For applying the scholarship, the candidates must fill the application form. The link for download the application form is:
On a separate sheet of paper the applicants must give the answers of the following questions:
- Name of college, university or vocational school that you plan to attend?
- Course or major? Have you been accepted?
- Adjusted Gross Income from the family’s Federal Income Tax return for the previous year?
- How many dependents in household?
- What are your financial reasons for applying for this scholarship?
- Have you been awarded Financial Aid from any other sources? Please specify.
- A brief essay (no more than 300 words) describing your commitment to your goals and how this scholarship will help you attain these goals.
Complete this application in full and mail to:
Ladies Auxiliary VFW National Headquarters
Attn: Director of Programs & Communications
406 W. 34th St. 10th Floor
Kansas City, MO 64111
One scholarship will be offered to a selected candidate in each of the four Ladies Auxiliary VFW Conferences.
The completed application packet is due by February 15, 2016.
Link for More Information: