The University of Kansas is offering University Scholars Program to the students in their second year at KU with a 3.75 cumulative grade-point average at the beginning of the fall semester. The scholars program is designed to recognize and encourage its most academically talented and motivated undergraduate students who have demonstrated intellectual achievement and curiosity. The goal of the University Honors Program is to challenge students to launch extraordinary lives. The spring 2016 University Scholars seminar will be taught by Professor Marta Caminero-Santangelo (English) on the topic “Stories of Human Rights and Social Justice.”
The University of Kansas is a major comprehensive research and teaching university and a center for learning, scholarship, and creative endeavor.
- Students who are beginning their second year of college
- Students who have a 3.5 GPA or higher
- Students who have an interest in international studies
How to Apply:
- To be considered for the scholarship, the candidates must complete on-line scholarship application form. The link is: https://honors.drupal.ku.edu/university-scholars-application
- Complete the recommendation form. Link is given below:
Twenty outstanding second-year students from a variety of disciplines are selected to become the new generation of University Scholars. Each University Scholar:
- Receives a one-time scholarship ($1500)
- Is connected with a faculty mentor
- Enrolls in an interdisciplinary seminar taught by a faculty member noted for a distinguished teaching record.
Applications for the 2017 cohort are due September 22, 2016.
Link for More Information:
If you have questions, contact program director Dr. Anne Wallen at annewallen-at-ku.edu.