The Kohl Teacher Fellowship program recognizes and supports teaching excellence and innovation in the State of Wisconsin, USA. Their goal is to support teachers in the pursuit of their unrealized goals for their classrooms or professional development. Each Kohl Fellowship recipient will receive a $3,000 grant and each recipient’s school will receive a matching $3,000 grant. Recipients’ professional accomplishments are celebrated at a recognition luncheon in the spring.
The Herb Kohl Educational Foundation Excellence Scholarship and Fellowship Award programs were established in January 1990. The Herb Kohl Educational Foundation funds the Student Excellence, Teacher Fellowship, Principal Leadership Award and Student Initiative programs.
- Pre-K through Grade 12 Wisconsin teachers must first be nominated by a parent, teacher, student, community member or administrator before they can apply
- Because the purpose of this program is to recognize the contribution of Wisconsin classroom teachers, those staff members whose assignments are administrative or supervisory are ineligible
- Previous Kohl Fellowship recipients are ineligible
- Potential candidates should intend to continue teaching in their current capacity for at least the year following receipt of the Kohl Fellowship
How to Apply:
- For Religious and Independent Schools Fellowship program, the candidates can apply on-line through the given link: http://www.kohleducation.org/teachers/appformpriv.html
- For Public School Teacher Fellowship Program, the candidates can apply on-line at the given link: http://www.kohleducation.org/teachers/appform.html
- For Religious and Independent Schools Fellowship: Each applicant must submit three letters of recommendation, one of which must come from someone outside the applicant’s immediate school community who is not currently employed by the school or a school board member
- For Public School Teacher Fellowship: Each applicant must submit three letters of recommendation, one of which must come from someone who is not employed by the applicant’s school district.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- For Public School Teacher Fellowship: The Foundation awards $3,000 Fellowships to 100 Wisconsin teachers, and each Kohl Fellowship recipient’s school receives a matching $3,000 grant.
- For Religious and Independent Schools Fellowship: Annually, the Foundation awards 100 Wisconsin teachers with $3,000 Kohl Fellowship grants and each Kohl Fellowship recipient’s school will receive a matching $3,000 grant.
- Nominated public school teachers must submit their completed 2017 application package to their principal no later than November 4, 2016
- Nominated teachers must submit their completed application package to their diocese’s/jurisdiction’s central education office on or before November 25, 2016
Link for More Information: