The Department of Resident Life at the University of Maryland is inviting applications for its “Joseph M. Mitchell Memorial Scholarship” Program. The scholarship was created to honor Joe Mitchell, an employee of the University of Maryland who gave selflessly of his time, money, friendship and capacity. The students must have completed at least one full semester of enrollment at a college or university and/or be enrolled at the time of application. The Department of Resident Life is established to provide the basic housing services that are made available to resident students to ensure the orderly, cost-effective operation of campus residence halls. The Department of Resident Life will award one-time scholarship up to $2,000 to the winning candidate.
The University of Maryland, College Park is a public research university located in the city of College Park in Prince George’s County, Maryland, approximately 4 miles from the northeast border of Washington, D.C. The University of Maryland’s proximity to the nation’s capital has resulted in research partnerships with the Federal government.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Be a registered degree-seeking student at the University of Maryland, College Park during the semester for which the award is made.
- Have completed at least one full semester of enrollment at a college or university and/or be enrolled at the time of application.
- Have personal or family circumstances that have affected the applicant’s experience at the University of Maryland and that have caused or contributed to a burden that may be remedied in whole or in part by the scholarship award.
- Have at least one semester of study left at UMCP before receiving a degree and
- Be able to apply the full amount of the award to tuition, living expenses or schooling expenses, such as textbooks or equipment, in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded and as can be disbursed by the Office of Student Financial Aid.
How to Apply:
You can apply online for this scholarship program, the link is
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The Joseph M. Mitchell Memorial Scholarship is a one-time award of up to $2,000, dispersed evenly over the fall and spring semesters. All awards will be directly applied to student accounts.
application deadline is 11:59pm Sunday, July 16, 2017.
Link for More Information:
Questions about the application and award process may be addressed to Mr. Dai-An Tran at 301-314-0416.