The National Cowboy Western & Heritage Museum is glad to offer John F. and Anna Lee Stacey Scholarship for U.S. citizens. The purpose of the scholarship is to foster high standard in the study of form, color, drawing, painting, design, and technique, as these are expressed in modes showing patent affinity with the classical tradition of Western culture. The amount available for distribution will approximate $5,000.00. The recipient may use the funds granted them in any way they wish to further their art education.
The National Cowboy Western & Heritage Museum was founded in 1955 and it is America’s premier institution of Western history, art, and culture.The mission of the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum preserves and interprets the evolving history and cultures of the American West for the education and enrichment of its diverse audiences of adults & children.
- The scholarship, known as “The John F. and Anna Lee Stacey Scholarship Fund,” is open to United States citizens only, both men and women, single or married, irrespective of race creed or color.
- The age limit is between 18 and 35 years.
How to Apply:
- The candidates must complete the entry form by using the given link:http://entries.nationalcowboymuseum.org/stacey-scholarship/
- Each successful competitor will be required to submit a brief quarterly report together with digital images on a disk of their work and a complete report at the termination of the scholarship.
Here are some suggested subject categories for artworks. It is not necessary to provide something from each category:
- Painting from life
- Drawing from the figure (nude)
- Any other examples of your work which you think advisable
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Approximate $5,000.00 amount is available for distribution of scholarship.
- At the discretion of the Committee, this may be awarded in quarterly installments to one or more applicants.
Applications will be available online and accepted Tuesday, November 1, 2016, at 8:00 a.m. CST and close Wednesday, February 1, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. CST.
Link for more Information:
If you have any query, mailto:mleslie-at-nationalcowboymuseum.org