The Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) is pleased to announce scholarship to current college students interested in sports journalism. Undergraduate students of U.S. are encouraged to apply for the given scholarship. The scholarship helps to cover expenses related to travel and accommodations for the 2016 AAJA National Convention in Las Vegas. AAJA’s annual national convention, journalists converge to discuss new trends and challenges in the industry, hone their journalism skills and learn ones, expand their understanding of AAPI issues, plus network with colleagues.
The Asian American Journalists Association (AAJA) is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit educational and professional organization. Since its founding, AAJA has been at the forefront of change in the journalism industry.
- AAJA student membership is encouraged for all applicants and required for the selected scholarship recipients.
- Applicants must demonstrate journalistic excellence, a strong interest in pursuing sports journalism as a career. Selected scholarship recipients must commit to a minimum of five hours of volunteer work for AAJA.
- Applicants must be an undergraduate student enrolled full time with at least 12 credit units each semester at a community college or university located in the United States.
- Applicants must also be currently taking or planning to take journalism courses and/or planning to pursue sports journalism as a career.
How to Apply:
To be considered for scholarship, interested candidates can apply on-line through the given link:
- Cover letter (explain journalism experience – if any – academic accomplishments, career goals, community involvement and financial need)
- Essay (1,000-2000 words) – What do you hope to accomplish as a journalist?
- GPA requirement: Minimum 3.0
- References (names and contact information)
The scholarship amount available to the selected student will be $900.
Your completed scholarship application must be received by Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 11:59 PM PST.
Link for More Information:
If you have more questions, you can Email: justins-at-aaja.org.