Imagejournal is looking for summer fellows who share their vision of art, and who are also diligent, meticulous, and responsible about the daily details, by their “Luci Shaw Fellowship Program”. The purpose of the fellowship is to expose a promising undergraduate student to the world of literary publishing and the nonprofit arts organization. It introduces fellows to the contemporary dialogue about art and faith that surrounds Image, its programs, its contributors, and its peer organizations.
Image was founded in 1989 to demonstrate the continued vitality and diversity of contemporary art and literature that engage with the religious traditions of Western culture.
- Any person currently enrolled in a four-year undergraduate institution, or graduating within six months of applying, is eligible.
- Seniors who will graduate right before the summer fellowship begins are still welcome to apply.
How to Apply:
To be applying for the scholarship, the candidates are required to submit the following documents
- A letter introducing yourself. Tell us how you heard about the position, what interests you about Image, and what you’d hope to gain from the experience. This is also your chance to let us know about particular skills or areas of interest
- A resume (including phone, mailing address, and email)
- A creative writing sample of 10 to 15 pages. This can be a personal essay or short story and can include poetry, but it shouldn’t be all Please do not send term papers; we want to know what your creative prose writing is like
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers, work or volunteer supervisors, or other mentors who know you well
You can send by mail in signed, sealed envelopes, (to 3307 3rd Ave W, Ste 318, Seattle, WA, 98119) or have your recommenders email them directly to programs-at-imagejournal.org.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The completed application can be submitted by February 15, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you have questions, you can call 206-281-2988 or email programs-at-imagejournal.org.