The Howard Foundation is now accepting the application for its annual fellowship program. The Foundation awards a limited number of fellowships each year for independent projects in selected fields, targeting its support specifically to early mid-career individuals, those who have achieved recognition for at least one major project. Howard Fellowships are intended primarily to provide artists, scholars, and writers with time to complete their work. Ten fellowships of $33,000 will be awarded for 2017-2018 in Photography, Anthropology, and Archaeology.
The George A. and Eliza Gardner Howard Foundation was established in 1952 by Nicea Howard in memory of her grandparents.
- Appropriate candidates for a Howard Fellowship should have completed their formal studies within the past five to fifteen years and should also have successfully completed at least one major project beyond degree requirements that would be sufficient for the awarding of tenure at a research institution or for achieving comparable peer recognition
- Regardless of your citizenship, currently living and working in the United States
- A Howard Fellowship provides you with time off from other responsibilities to work on your proposed project
- Your proposed project fall within one of the fields established for this year’s round of applications
How to Apply:
The candidates are required to create an account by the given link: https://howardfoundation.fluidreview.com/
- Basic information about themselves and the proposed project
- Upload a project description (three double-spaced pages, ca. 800-900 words)
- A two-page curriculum vitae
- A portfolio of no more than ten images (for Photography) or a writing sample of no more than 20 pages (for Anthropology and Archaeology)
- The names and email addresses of two individuals willing to supply letters of recommendation for the applicant
Financial Aid and Award Money:
About ten fellowships of $33,000 will be awarded in April 2017 for 2017-2018 in the fields of Photography, Anthropology, and Archaeology.
The deadline for submission of applications is November 1, 2016. Fellowship recipients will be announced in April 2017.
Link for More Information: