The Helen Hay Whitney Foundation is proud to announce “HHWF Postdoctoral Research Training Fellowship”. Candidates who hold, or are in the final stages of obtaining a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree are welcomed to apply. Aim of the fellowship is to broaden postdoctoral training and experience, and a significant change of venue is advisable. If you got selected you will receive travel expense, stipend and expense allowance.
The Helen Hay Whitney Foundation was established and endowed by Mrs. Charles S. Payson, the former Joan Whitney, in 1947. Approximately 24 three-year research fellowships are awarded annually by this foundation.
This fellowship is open to:
- Candidates who hold, or are in the final stages of obtaining a Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent degree and are seeking beginning postdoctoral training in basic biomedical research are eligible to apply for a fellowship.
- The Foundation accepts applications from candidates who have no more than one year of postdoctoral research experience at the time of the deadline for submitting the application (July 1, 2016), and who have received a PhD (or D.Phil. or equivalent) degree no more than two years before the deadline, or an M.D. degree no more than three years before the deadline.
- Fellowship may be awarded to US citizens planning to work in laboratories either in the US, Canada, or abroad and also to foreign citizens for research in laboratories in the US only.
- Expect that most applicants will reside in North America at the time of application.
- Foreign Students will need to obtain appropriate visa documentation, as required by US Immigration.
- Applications from established scientists or advanced fellows will not be considered. The fellowships are for early postdoctoral training only. Clinical housestaff training does not count as “postdoctoral laboratory training.”
- The Foundation will not ordinarily consider applicants who plan tenure of the fellowship in the laboratory in which they have already received extensive predoctoral or postdoctoral training.
- The aim of the fellowship is to broaden postdoctoral training and experience, and a significant change of venue is advisable.
How to Apply:
Application form for the given fellowship is available by the given link: http://www.hhwf.org/HTMLSrc/Application.html
Supporting documents include statement as a separate letter in the application.
Winners will obtain:
- Travel Expense: The foundation provides funds for travel to the fellowship location at the time of activation of the fellowship for the Fellow and his or her family. No payment is made for the transportation of household goods.
- Stipend and Expense Allowance.
You can apply on or before July 1, 2016.
Link for more information:
Do you have any more queries regard this fellowship? call: 845-639-6799 or email: hhwf-at-earthlink.net