The J. Walter Thompson Company in partnership with the 4a’s Foundation, Inc. offers the “Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship”. The scholarship is available to female students who are studying as an undergraduate degree program.The purpose of the program is to support and promote talented female creative advertising students from around the world in honor of the industry’s first female copywriter, Helen Lansdowne Resor. Five winning female creative students will receive scholarships up to $10,000. The total award amount is $50,000.
Walter Thompson Company, the world’s best-known marketing communications brand, has been creating pioneering solutions that build enduring brands and businesses for more than 150 years. The 4A’s Foundation was established in 1997, created to galvanize the industry around improving the level of diversity within advertising and media agencies.
To be considered for the Helen Lansdowne Resor Scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be female
- Be registered as a student at a participating undergraduate and/or portfolio school and be no less than 12 months from completion of their degree at May 14, 2017
- Show creative talent and promise
- Maintain satisfactory academic and creative progress as determined by their school
How to Apply:
To apply, the applicant must submit online application through the given link: https://www.jwt.com/hlrscholarship/apply
- Personal statement (500 words or less)
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- 3-5 maximum creative samples (less than 7 MB) showcasing your best work
- Ensure that all required creative samples are uploaded or made accessible via a link (Google Drive, Dropbox, portfolio website, etc.) and include this link in your submission
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Each year, the HLR Scholarship seeks to award five female creative students scholarships up to $10,000.
- In addition, each recipient will receive a paid summer internship at a J. Walter Thompson office in her respective region, an offer of a J. Walter Thompson mentor and “first look” placement consideration upon graduation.
- Scholarships are paid directly to the university/portfolio school you are attending
- Tuition payments will be made until the scholarship balance reaches zero or when the recipient graduates
Application deadline will close on Thursday, June 15, 2017. Scholarships will be announced in July 2017 but may take up to 3 months to be processed.
Link for More Information: