Let Hearst give you the experience you need to start a successful career. Apply now to be considered for a Hearst Journalism Fellowship and your future self will thank you. The fellowship is a two-year program focusing on multimedia journalism consists of two 12-month rotations at Hearst’s top metro papers. The program has produced dozens of successful journalists now working at Hearst newspapers and other top places around the country. Hearst Fellows are full-time employees with competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance and moving expenses.
Hearst is one of the nation’s largest diversified media, information and services companies with more than 360 businesses.
- Anyone who has completed coursework and obtained a college degree by August 1 following the application deadline is eligible. A bachelor’s degree is the minimum requirement.
- You also are eligible if you have a journalism degree from a non-accredited program
- Early-career journalists who have something to offer Hearst and would benefit from the program are welcome to apply.
- Canadians and other foreign nationals are eligible to apply. However, the program does not sponsor visas or pay for travel to the final judging from outside the U.S. You qualify for the program if you have (or can obtain independently, not based on acceptance into the program) a visa that would allow you to work for two years beginning in August.
- Fellowship focuses on multimedia skills, broadcast journalists may apply, but successful candidates will be those who show strong writing and technical digital skills. The program offers no on-air talent positions.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can download fellowship application form through the given link: http://hearstfellowships.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/HearstFellowshipForm2014.pdf
- One-page resume, including:
- Academic major and minor, date or expected date of graduation
- Permanent and current addresses
- Email, website and social media addresses
- On a separate page:
- Three work/character references, including titles, email addresses, and phone numbers
- Hot links to digital work samples
- Cover letter no longer than two pages highlighting your qualifications and making your case for becoming a Hearst Fellow
- Two letters of recommendation. These may be submitted with the package or emailed separately to fellowships-at-hearstnp.com.
- All uploaded application packets should be in PDF format and should adhere to the following naming convention for uploading: LAST NAME, FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME, as in JONES, JOHN PAUL.
- The application form along with supporting documents can be submitted by the given link: http://hearstfellowships.com/take-the-first-step/
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The number of awards changes but usually ranges from four to six.
- Fellows will receive training, mentoring and real-world experience alongside top journalists who are using cutting-edge tools to tell stories through data, video, and more.
- Hearst Fellows are full-time employees with competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance and moving expenses.
January 13, 2017, is the final deadline for all application materials.
Link for More Information: