The IOKDS Health Careers Scholarship Department is offering the Health Careers Scholarship for medical and dental students (in human medicine) who have completed their first year of an accredited medical/dental school. Priority is given to students who are working on their Master’s or Doctorate Degrees when those degrees are required for certification. Scholarship recipients are eligible to receive scholarships for a maximum of three academic years. Students must re-apply each year and remain in good academic standing to be considered.
The IOKDS Health Careers Scholarship Department was founded in May of 1976. The Department believes that contributing to the education of compassionate health care workers assists IOKDS in “caring for all God’s children through service In His Name.
- Students must be citizens of the United States or Canada and be studying at an accredited institution in the United States or Canada.
- Medical and dental students (in human medicine) who have completed their first year of an accredited medical/dental school are eligible to apply. Students in pre-med courses are not eligible.
- Students studying in a college or university accredited in the fields of pharmacy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech and language therapy, and medical technologies whose have completed a minimum of two years of study are eligible to apply.
- Priority is given to students who are working on their Master’s or Doctorate Degrees when those degrees are required for certification.
- Students studying to become registered nurses with an Associate’s Degree must have completed at least their first year of study at an accredited institution. Those pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Nursing must have completed two years of study.
How to Apply:
- E-Mail: include your name, course of study and college. From November 1 through March 1, application requests may be submitted to healthcareersdirector.kds-at-gmail.com.
- If you prefer to use snail mail, write a short description of your course of study, your e-mail address. Because mail is forwarded to the current scholarship director, a candidate can submit their Include a self-addressed, stamped envelope (regular business envelope) and mail to:
Health Careers Scholarship Director
PO Box 1040
Chautauqua, NY 14722
Completed applications including all required documents (letters of recommendation and official transcripts) can be sent via snail mail and postmarked on or before April 1 to be considered.
IOKDS, Health Careers Scholarship Director, PO Box 1040, Chautauqua, NY 14722
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Scholarship recipients are eligible to receive scholarships for a maximum of three academic years. Students must re-apply each year and remain in good academic standing to be considered.
The annual application deadline is March 1st.
Link for More Information: