The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is pleased to announce the “SPE Gulf Coast Section undergraduate Scholarship” to graduating high school senior whose are planning to study in science or engineering as a freshman. The mission of the Society of Petroleum Engineers Gulf Coast Section is to enhance technical knowledge among their members through local events and to provide scholarships to students entering the oil and gas industry. Winning candidates will get up to $1,000/semester.
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is an international volunteer non-profit organization that has many sections all over the world. The SPE Gulf Coast Section (SPE-GCS) was established on December 13, 1935.
To apply for the Gulf Coast Section Annual Scholarship you must:
- Be a graduating high school senior,
- Be planning to study science or engineering as a freshman in college next year,
- Have a permanent address in one of the 29 counties in the Gulf Coast Section
- Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident if you do not attend a high school in one of the 29 counties mentioned above or are not a US citizen or Permanent Resident, you are not eligible for this SPE section scholarship.
How to Apply:
To apply, candidate can download application form, the petroleum by the given link:http://www.spegcs.org/media/files/files/5ba380c5/SPE_GCS_Scholarship_APP_2017.pdf
As well as beginning the actual application form, you will need to collect the following items.
- 250-word essay: Describing why you have chosen to pursue the petroleum-related
- 2 or 3 letters of Recommendation: The letters can be from your counselors, teachers, principal or personal acquaintance in the petroleum industry. Each letter should include the letter writer’s email and phone number. Word documents are acceptable, but a scanned copy of the letter with signature is preferred. Add a hard copy of this document behind your essay page.
- High school transcript including fall of 2016: An official transcript of your grades and should include the first semester of your senior year. The transcript should be signed by your high school registrar.
- Proof of sat or act score
The complete application packet can be mailed to the address below or emailed to gcsscholarship1-at-gmail.com.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
The SPE-GCS raises money through various events which support over $350,000 in scholarships every year. The SPE Gulf Coast Section Undergraduate Scholarship will be awarded $1,000/semester.
The scholarship applications are now accepted for 2017-2018 academic year. The deadline is for application is due by February 1, 2017.
Link for more Information:
If you have any query, contact at gcsscholarship1-at-gmail.com