The Garvey Schubert Barer (GSB) Firm is now offering the Kenneth L. Schubert Jr. Diversity Fellowship Program to honor one of their founders, Ken Schubert Jr., a champion of diversity in the profession. All students who are enrolled or studying in law school during the 2017-2018 school year, are encouraged to apply for the fellowship. The GSB has committed to the full participation and inclusion of diverse professionals in our firm and the legal profession as part of our core values of diversity and inclusion. The Fellow of the Diversity Fellowship Program will receive an additional $15,000 for their academic performance.
Garvey Schubert Barer Firm was founded in 1966, has provided results-oriented legal counsel to help clients – from established market leaders to newly launched enterprises and governmental bodies – solve problems, create new opportunities and mitigate risk.GSB has offices in Beijing, New York, Portland, Seattle, and Washington, D.C.
Students who will be in their second year of law school during the 2017-2018 school year, are eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Diversity Scholarship, the applicant must submit the following materials:
- Personal statement describing qualifications for the fellowship, how you will contribute to GSB’s core values of diversity and inclusion, practice interests, unique qualifications for fellowship, and any other matters you believe would assist the firm in evaluating your application (1000-word limit)
- Current resume
- Copy of undergraduate and law school transcripts
- Writing sample (7-page limit)
- Three references of individuals who can attest to your professional and academic abilities (names and contact information)
All parts of the application must be submitted to DiversityFellowship-at-gsblaw.com.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- The Diversity Fellow will receive a paid 10-week summer associate position in our Seattle office between their second and third year of law school.
- The Diversity Fellow will receive an additional $15,000 ($7,500 payable at the start of the first semester of the third year, and another $7,500 payable at the start of the second semester of the third year) upon showing of continued outstanding academic performance.
The complete applications must be received no later than August 11, 2017. The selection committee will notify applicants selected for an interview by August 18, 2017.
Link for More Information:
If you any questions address to DiversityFellowship-at-gsblaw.com.