Four times each year, the Geraldine “Polly” Bednash Scholarship is granted through the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN). The scholarship recognizes the outstanding work of graduate nursing students who are admitting or enrolled in a baccalaureate or higher degree nursing program. The scholarship program provides $5,000 in support to outstanding nursing students.
As the collective voice for academic nursing, American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) serves as the catalyst for excellence and innovation in nursing education, research, and practice.
All scholarship applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Maintain at least a 3.2-grade point average in current program or at last school attended.
- Candidate must admit or enrolled in a baccalaureate or higher degree nursing program at an AACN member institution affiliated with Castle Branch. The link is: http://www.aacn.nche.edu/students/scholarships/CBSchools.pdf
- Candidates have submitted their application to a nursing school through Nursing CAS. The link is: https://portal.nursingcas.org
How to Apply:
- To be enter in scholarship program, the candidates must complete on-line scholarship application form through the given link: http://www.aacn.nche.edu/students/scholarships/bednash-scholarship
- Applicants must write an essay (250 words maximum) on their goals and aspirations as they relate to their education, career, and future plans. Also, explain why you are a qualified candidate and should be considered for the scholarship.
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Two $5,000 scholarships will be awarded each semester for a total of four scholarships per academic year.
Submit your complete application by January 31.
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, email at sbradfield-at-aacn.nche.edu