The HOPE Scholarship is provided by the Georgia Lottery for Education and it is available only to degree-seeking undergraduate students who meet the definition of a Georgia Resident for HOPE Scholarship Purposes. HOPE Scholarship recipients must have a cumulative 3.0 HOPE GPA after the 30th, 60th and 90th attempted hour. Percentage (%) of tuition to be paid will be determined annually to the winning candidates.
Georgia State University, an enterprising urban public research university, is a national leader in graduating students from widely diverse backgrounds.
- A student must be a U.S. Citizen or an eligible non-citizen and meet the requirements to be classified as a Georgia resident according to University System of Georgia (USG) in-state tuition policy for either 12 or 24 consecutive months immediately prior to the first day of classes of the school term for which the HOPE Scholarship is sought
- HOPE Scholarship recipients must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA at the end of each spring semester to continue eligibility
- Be enrolled at a USG eligible postsecondary institution in matriculated status leading to a degree.
- Be a legal resident of Georgia for tuition purposes.
- Register with Selective Service (men only).
- Be in compliance with the Georgia Drug-Free Postsecondary Education Act of 1990.
- Not be in default or owe a refund on a federal or state financial aid program.
- Not have a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress.
How to Apply:
Applicants who wish to apply for Georgia Hope Scholarship, they can check the link given below: https://app.gsu.edu/scholarships/search_scholarships.cfm
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- Percentage (%) of tuition to be paid will be determined annually.
- The percentage of Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree students is 81.68% of tuition for 15 hours. Actual HOPE payments will be made on a “per credit hour” enrolled basis rate of $285.27.
- The percentage for Undergraduate Associate degree students is 88.04% of tuition for 15 hours. Actual HOPE payments will be made on a “per credit hour” enrolled basis rate of $90.87.
- To determine what you are HOPE payment and remaining balance may be, download the appropriate chart on the left of this page.
Students must have an application submitted by the last day of the semester in which they are seeking the HOPE Scholarship. The Office of Student Financial Aid has established the following deadlines for applications:
- Summer Semester: July 17
- Fall Semester: November 17
- Spring Semester: April 15
You must complete and submit the scholarship application within 15 days of the request.
Forward your completed application packet to:
Georgia Student Finance Commission
2082 E. Exchange Place
Tucker, GA 30084 – 800-505-GSFC (4732)
Link for More Information:
If you have any question, contact at Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC): 770-724-9000 or 800-505-GSFC (4732) or GAfutures.org.