University of Maryland’s College of Agriculture and Natural Resources is providing scholarship named as “Gene Iagar Agricultural Scholarship”. The opportunity is open for Maryland undergraduate (second-semester freshmen through entering seniors) students who have/had a dairy project (any breed) and are enrolled in a 4-year College of Agriculture program of their choice. The fund will be used to support the purchase of materials and supplies needed by an individual undergraduate or graduate student conducting a mentored research project. A five thousand ($5,000) scholarship will be offered to winning candidates.
Maryland Agricultural College founded by Maryland General Assembly on land donated by the plantation owner, Charles Calvert. The Department of Animal and Avian Sciences was formed in 1997 through the merger of the Animal Science, Dairy Science, and Poultry Science Departments.
The list eligibility criteria are given below:
- Available to all Maryland dairy youth who are currently enrolled or have been enrolled in a dairy project (any breed).
- Students must be pursuing a four-year degree in any agricultural program in the college of their
- Available to second-semester freshmen through entering
How to Apply:
Applicants must download the application form through the given link:
The complete application packet can be sent or email to a Scholarship Committee Chairpersons:
2700 Rowe Rd
New Windsor, MD 21776
5937 Broad Run Rd.
Jefferson, MD 21755
Financial Aid and Award Money:
- One $5,000 scholarship will be awarded annually and may be won one time
- Scholarships will be awarded at the 4-H Dairy Show at the Maryland State
The application and accompanying information must be submitted by July 1, 2017.
Link for More Information: