The University of Twente is providing you opportunity to apply “Supply Chain Innovation: How Technology Can Create a Sustainable Future” free online course. The aim of the course is to give you the knowledge to Understand how new technologies can make supply chains more sustainable and learn how to deal with today’s trends.
In this course, you will learn about supply chain management, operations professionals basic modeling and technology activities, innovation and management. The course will start on March 6, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 3 hours pw
- Subject: Supply Chain Innovation
- Institution: University of Twente
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on March 6, 2017
- About University: University of Twente is a university located in Enschede, Netherlands. It offers research and degree programs in the social and behavioral sciences and in engineering.
- Aim of University: The University is committed to making economic and social contributions to the region of the Netherlands where it is based. Therefore, the entrepreneurial spirit is one of the core values of the institution.
- This course is aimed at professionals and students in disciplines such as ICT, operations, marketing, finance, who wish to learn more about supply chain management.
- Supply chain management and operations professionals and students that want to learn from about new trends and technologies can also benefit from the course. You are all invited to join!
About This Course
- Benefits: The course will look at examples from the food industry. Also, the building and construction supply chain will be discussed since it has a big impact. One out of three trucks is construction related so innovations applied on this chain can have a huge impact. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Why should we care about supply chain innovations? In a search for competitive differential advantage, many managers of world-class organizations around the globe have come to realize that differentiating on processes is more sustainable than differentiating on products, even if product differentiation still exists. Product differentiation is more fleeting than process differentiation because products are easier to see and reverse engineer.
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
- Use the hashtag#FLSupplyChain to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course.
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: You’ll be encouraged to apply the knowledge you gain to your own product or industry (or a company and supply chain you’re interested in). You are invited to share your ideas for optimizing your supply chain with other learners.
- Certificate: To be eligible to buy a Certificate of Achievement, you must mark over 90% of course steps as complete and attempt all test questions, achieving a score of over 70%.
- In this course, you will learn why managing supply chains are important and challenging.
- You’ll be encouraged to apply the knowledge you gain to your own product or industry (or a company and supply chain you’re interested in).
- Understand how new technologies can make supply chains more sustainable
- Jos Van Hillegersberg: He is a professor in Business Information Systems at the University of Twente. He loves to research and design innovative and sustainable business using new ICT. Lead educator of the SC Innovation Course
- Hans Voordijk: He is an Associate Professor in Supply Chain Management at the department of Construction Management and Engineering. He likes to research Supply Chain Management and ICT issues in the construction industry.
You don’t need any prior knowledge to take this course, but an interest in both business and technology is essential.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you want to join another course you can join “Business Futures: Understanding Omni-channel Retailing and Supply Chains” free online course.
- You will find out how to design supply chains that meet future economic, environmental and social requirements, asking questions such as:
- How did global supply chain become what they are today?
- How can current information and communication technology (ICT) make supply chains more efficient?
- Which trends do we need to recognize and cope with?
- How can you implement sustainable supply chain innovations?
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: