Free Online Course on Social Enterprise is prepared by Middlesex University Business School, in collaboration with researchers at the Jindal Centre for Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship and the social enterprise Living in Minca, and with funding from the British Council. The course is aimed to learn how to turn your social enterprise ideas into action in this free online course from Middlesex University Business School.
In this free online course, you will identify the problem your idea is trying to solve, design your social enterprise venture model and prepare to take it to market. The course will start on March 6, 2017
Course At A Glance
- Length: 3 weeks
- Effort: 4 hours pw
- Subject: Social Enterprise
- Institution: Middlesex University Business School,
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on March 6, 2017
- Middlesex University Business School: Middlesex University has been home to great minds with a determined and unwavering ambition to improve our world through teaching, learning and research. Middlesex has 6 diverse academic schools, Art and Design, Business, Health and Education, Media and Performing Arts, Science and Technology, and Law.
- The Jindal Centre for Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship: (JSiE) aims to strengthen the capacity of individuals and organizations to develop innovative solutions to complex social and environmental problems. The social innovation lab designs innovation challenges develop new curriculum and engage in social problem-centric research alongside industry and community partners.
- Living in Minca: Living in Minca is an international platform established in 2012 as an initiative to promote ‘social enterprises’ and the social and solidarity’ model, around the world.
This course is intended for anyone interested in learning more about social enterprise, including entrepreneurs, charities, and students.
About This Course
- Benefits: In this free online course, you will identify the problem your idea is trying to solve, design your social enterprise venture model and prepare to take it to market. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Social enterprises bring the self-sufficiency of for-profit businesses and the incentives of market forces to bear on global social problems in a way that neither pure capitalism nor pure charity has been able to match. There is a great deal of interest in the social enterprise today because this approach offers a new — and possibly more sustainable — path for us to address the world’s most pressing challenges.
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
- Use the hashtag#FLsocentaction to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: This course is a must for anyone who wants to launch a social enterprise. It will help you understand the problem your social enterprise is trying to address, consider the level of innovation in your idea, and build your business plan and your team.
- Certificate: To be eligible to buy a Certificate of Achievement, you must mark over 90% of course steps as complete and attempt all test questions, achieving a score of over 70%.
- The course will help you to understand the problem your social enterprise is trying to address, consider the level of innovation in your idea.
- You will develop a plan for turning your social enterprise into action and there will be a competition to find the best learner-produced plan.
- This free online course will help you to identify the problem your idea is trying to solve, design your social enterprise
- Sara Calvo: Sara is a Senior Lecturer at Middlesex University Business School. She is also the founding director of Living in Minca, a certified business consultant, and a documentary filmmaker.
- Jeremy Wade: Jeremy is the Founding Director of the Jindal Centre for Social Innovation & Entrepreneurship (JSiE), a social innovation lab in north India.
- Andres Morales: Andres is the co-founder of Living in Minca, a Social Enterprise consultant, ethnographer, filmmaker and Researcher at Open University.
You don’t need any prior knowledge to take this course, but an interest in social enterprises.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also join “Management and Leadership: Growing as a Manager” free online course.
- By the end of the course, you will develop a plan for turning your social enterprise into action and there will be a competition to find the best learner-produced plan. The program will enable you to understand what it takes to launch and run a sustainable social enterprise.
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: