Grab the opportunity to join this “Project Management Life Cycle” free online course that is sponsored by Rochester Institute of Technology (R.I.T). The main objective of the course learns how to apply project management tools, processes, and techniques for the successful execution of a project from initiation to closing.
You will learn about the project management life cycle from initiation to closing. The course covers fundamental tools and techniques for managing a broad range of projects. The course will start on January 23, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 10 weeks
- Effort: 8 to 12 Hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Rochester Institute of Technology (R.I.T)
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: Starts on January 23, 2017
Rochester Institute of Technology is home to leading creators, entrepreneurs, innovators, and researchers. Founded in 1829, RIT enrolls more than 18,600 students in more than 200 career-oriented and professional programs, making it among the largest private universities in the U.S.
It’s nine colleges emphasize career education and experiential learning with programs that are internationally recognized and ranked for academic leadership in business, computing, engineering, imaging science, liberal arts, sustainability, and fine and applied arts. RIT also offers unparalleled support services for more than 1,200 deaf and hard-of-hearing students.
- This course is intended for those who have completed a Bachelor’s degree or have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a project related business environment.
- Recommended education or work experience in organizational behavior, mathematics, and basic accounting or equivalent.
About This Course
- The course will explore the monitoring and control of a project including earned value analysis and project reporting. It will teach you the skills and behaviors necessary to be successful in a project management career. Learn about project management from a multidisciplinary perspective, managing a broad range of project. The Language of the course is English.
- Management is the dynamic life-giving element in every business. All organizations depend upon group efforts. Group action and joint efforts have become necessary in every walk of life. Management is required wherever two or more people work together to achieve common objectives.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course:
- First, they will cover project initiation. We will review projects in organizations, project selection models, the project manager role and project organization structures to better understand how a project is initiated. You will also learn how to create a key project management deliverable, the project charter.
- Second, they will cover the project-planning phase. You will learn how to build a comprehensive project management plan covering the key aspects of risk, quality, scope, schedule, cost, time, resource and communications.
- Third, they will cover the project execution phase. They will explore the monitoring and control of a project including earned value analysis and project reporting. Case studies and examples will be used to help you understand the correct actions for a project manager to take to keep a project in control.
- Finally, they will cover the project closing phase, where we explore the tasks to complete an effective project closure.
Why Take This Course
- Advantage: The course builds your knowledge about behavioral and quantitative facets of project management, as well as the use of methods, tools and techniques for the initiation, planning, execution and closing of projects, and techniques for managing a broad range of projects.
- Certificate: You can pursue a Verified Certificate (Certificate for $150) to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain
- The roles and responsibilities of a project manager
- Project initiation and planning
- Project execution
- Project closing Project management tools and techniques
Leonie Fernandes PMP: She is an Instructor of Project Management at the School of Individualized Study at the Rochester Institute of Technology.
Recommended education or work experience in organizational behavior, mathematics and basic accounting or equivalent
You Might Also Be Interested In
You can also join the similar course like “Managing Projects & Portfolios with Microsoft PPM”
- After completing this course you will learn about project management and the use of methods, tools and techniques for the initiation, planning. You will also learn how to create a key project management deliverable, the project charter.
- When you complete your course you will receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects and also add the certificate to your CV or resume.
- For more information about the course, you can check the given link: https://www.edx.org/course/project-management-life-cycle-ritx-pm9001x#!