The University of Glasgow is providing you the opportunity to join the “Study Life Science” free online course. The course is aimed to explore the exciting subjects within life sciences and the rewarding careers that studying life sciences at university lead to.
This short, free online course will introduce you to studying life sciences at the university level. The course covers theses topics immunology, cellular and molecular biology, genetics, physiology, and parasitology. The course will start on March 27, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 2 weeks
- Effort: 2 hours pw
- Subject: Life Science
- Institution: University of Glasgow
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on March 27, 2017
- The University of Glasgow is a member of the prestigious Russell Group of leading UK research universities and is striving to change the world with its expertise. Founded in 1451, the University of Glasgow is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world.
- The mission of the University of Glasgow to bring inspiring people together and create a world-class environment for learning and research, empowering staff and students to discover and share knowledge that can change the world.
This course will be of particular interest to individuals considering going to university or college to study a life sciences related subject.
About This Course
- Benefits: On the course, you’ll learn with Leah Marks, Maria Jackson and a team of educators who, between them, have extensive experience across life sciences disciplines, including biochemistry, genetics, and cellular and molecular biology. You’ll follow the progress of student Kevin as he decides which subject to study at university. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Science is about a whole lot more than that and to sum it up we believe that science is a way of helping the brain grow in finding new knowledge and helps us defeat our curiosity of how the world develops and works today. Science is important because it has helped form the world that we live in today.
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
- Use the hashtag#FLlifesci to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course.
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: You will also get lots of tips on preparing your university application, adjusting to life at university and securing that first life sciences job.
- Certificate: To be eligible to buy a Certificate of Achievement, you must mark over 90% of course steps as complete and attempt all test questions, achieving a score of over 70%.You can easily add it to your LinkedIn profile, CV or resume and share it with friends or employers.
By the end of the two weeks, you’ll:
- Be aware of the variety of branches of life sciences
- Be confident making a university application to study life sciences
- Be able to describe some of the career pathways open to you as a life sciences graduate and
- Have met other people on the same journey of exploration into life sciences
- Leah Marks: She is University Teacher in Medical Genetics (2005- current). She holds degree of BSc (Hon) Medical Biochemistry (2000), Ph.D. Developmental Medicine (2004)
- Kathleen Murphy: She is Trainee Clinical Scientist (Genomics) 2016-2019
- Maria Jackson: She is located in “MEDICAL GENETICS, UNIVERSITY OF GLASGOW”
No basic knowledge is required for the course just an interest in life science.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also “Archaeology: from Dig to Lab and Beyond” free online course.
- You will be whistle stop tour of the exciting world of life sciences, exploring the vast array of subjects within the discipline – from anatomy to zoology and everything in between, including immunology, cellular and molecular biology, genetics, physiology, and parasitology, after completing this free on-line course
- Your certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: