The British Council is pleased to introduce “English for the Workplace” free online course. This course is aimed at learners of English that help them with the language they need to find a job and successfully function in the workplace.
The course focuses on key aspects of English for the workplace. You’ll watch videos and listen to audio recordings of people searching and applying for jobs, preparing for interviews, taking interviews, starting their new job, and working with new colleagues. The course will start on March 13, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 4 weeks
- Effort: 2 hours pw
- Subject: English
- Institution: The British Council
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on March 13, 2017.
- The British Council is on the ground in six continents and over 100 countries bringing international opportunity to life, every day. Each year their teams work with millions of people, connecting them with the United Kingdom, sharing cultures and the UK’s most attractive assets: the English language, the Arts, Education and its ways of living and organizing society. The British Council has over 75 years’ experience of doing this.
- All over the world, people want greater educational opportunities to enhance their lives and employment prospects. The British Council’s focus in education is on bringing an international dimension to education in schools, technical colleges, and universities, on raising educational standards by sharing the UK’s expertise, and on encouraging the best international students to study in the UK.
This course is aimed at non-native English speakers who have studied English to at least pre-intermediate level (approximately A2 on the CEFR).
About This Course
- Benefits: This course is for people who are learning English and who are interested in developing English language skills for employability and workplace contexts. It will help job seekers and young professionals with the English they need. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: “English is without a doubt the actual universal language” while English is not an official language in most countries, it is the language most often taught as a second language. English is most widely used in communicating around the world. The information that the researchers gathered about communication and English made them realize that the two terminologies must be always together. Good communication creates a good ambiance and relationship between everyone in every organization especially if it is a business while English is now required in every company.
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
- Use the hashtag#FLWorkplaceEnglish to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course.
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: The course does not follow a language syllabus but takes workplace English as its starting point, and offers functional language phrases and real, authentic workplace scenarios. Short quizzes and discussions will help you measure your understanding and practice your English.
- Certificate: To be eligible to buy a Certificate of Achievement, you must mark over 90% of course steps as complete and attempt all test questions, achieving a score of over 70%. You can easily add it to your LinkedIn profile, CV or resume, and share it with friends or employers.
- The course helps you with the language you need to find a job and successfully function in the workplace.
- Short quizzes and discussions will help you measure your understanding and practice your English.
- The free online course will help you to improve your English in employability and workplace contexts.
Michael Houten: He is a Development Editor, Online Learning, for the British Council, where he worked for over 20 years.
Basic knowledge of English required for the course.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you want to join another English course you can join “English in Early Childhood: Language Learning and Development” free online course.
- Throughout the course, you’ll be asked to share your opinions, ideas, and questions with other learners. The best way to get the most out of the course is to be prepared to join in and share your experiences. This free online course will help job seekers and young professionals with the English they need.
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: