The University of Aberdeen is pleased to announce free online course termed as “Nutrition and Wellbeing”. The course is aimed to learning about the scientific basis of human nutrition, and current nutrition concepts.
This course will develop your skills to evaluate nutrition information from varied sources, and apply that knowledge to make informed choices about your own lifestyle, diet, and wellbeing. The course will start on 16 January.
Course At A Glance
Length: 4 Weeks
Effort: 3 Hours per week
Subject: Nutrition and Wellbeing
Institution: University of Aberdeen
Certificate Available: Yes
Session: Course starts on 16 January
The University of Aberdeen is today at the forefront of teaching, learning, and discovery, as it has been for 500 years. The University of Aberdeen offers an innovative curriculum with exciting cross-disciplinary courses that place students at the cutting-edge of modern learning. It is an ambitious, research-driven university with a global outlook, committed to excellence in everything it does.
This course is designed for anyone interested in food and wellbeing and assumes no prior knowledge
About This Course
The main objective of the course will make informed choices about your own diet and wellbeing and give you the knowledge about the food industry and scientific community, nutrition fads, myths and the plain truth. The Language of the course is English.
Food provides our bodies with the energy, protein, essential fats, vitamins and minerals to live, grow and function properly. Enjoyment of a healthy diet can also be one of the great cultural pleasures of life. You will aware of the most up-to-date, science-based information and makings of a healthy diet
How to Join This Course
You can register by the given link to join this free on-line course: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
These are the topics which will be covered the course in 4 weeks.
The makings of a ‘healthy diet’: What are the principal constituents of food? Which components of your diet can promote wellbeing and reduce the risk of diseases?
Why do we eat what we eat?What are the ‘drivers’ make sense of available nutrition information?
Food and disease: Can you really eat your way to health?
Nutrition fads, myths and the plain truth: Is there such a thing as a ‘miracle’ diet? Do ‘super foods’ exist? Or are our genes to be blamed for our current nutritional habits?
Why Take This Course
- Advantage: With the help of this free online course you will demystify the complex and conflicting messages you hear about nutrition, health, and lifestyle and also helpful to evaluate nutrition information.
- Certificate: To be eligible to buy a Certificate of Achievement, you must mark over 90% of course steps as complete and attempt all test questions, achieving a score of over 70%. It consists of a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned.
- You will learn about the scientific basis of human nutrition, and current nutrition concepts and controversies.
- You will aware of the most up-to-date, science-based information and makings of a healthy diet
- You will be trained about the components of your diet can promote wellbeing and reduce the risk of diseases.
- Dr. Alexandra Mavroeidi: She is an expert in exercise, nutrition and bone health.
- Dr. Alexandra Johnston: She is leading research on appetite across the life course, with recent emphasis on high protein diets.
Basic knowledge of Food and Nutrition
You Might Also Be Interested In
The Science of Nutrition
- The course of “Nutrition and Wellbeing” improvise your knowledge about diet and health from sources like the media, food industry and scientific community. It helps you to makings of a ‘healthy diet
- After completion of the course, you can also get a Certificate of Achievement. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/nutrition-wellbeing