The Open University (OU) is offering free online course named as “Managing My Investments”. The course is aimed to gain the skills to manage your investments: analyze portfolio risk and plan your pension, with this free online course.
The course is up-to-date and covers the current reforms to UK pensions due to be rolled out in 2015 – changes that will radically alter the way many people will use their pension savings as they move into retirement.The course will start on March 20, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 3 hours pw
- Subject: Managing My Investments
- Institution: The Open University (OU)
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on March 20, 2017
The Open University (OU) is the largest academic institution in the UK and a world leader in flexible distance learning. Since it began in 1969, the OU has taught more than 1.8 million students and has almost 220,000 current students, including more than 15,000 overseas. The Open University’s mission is to be open to people, places, methods, and ideas. Read about how we deliver it.
This course is intended for those with an interest in developing their personal financial skills to make good decisions when managing their investments and buying investment products. The course does not require any previous experience of this subject’s
About This Course
- Benefits: Throughout, the course will provide recent and current case studies on investment issues, to demonstrate how the ideas and issues explored in the course are reflected in the arena of personal investments. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject In Today’s Scenario: Your financial security depends on how much you invest and how efficiently you do so. Investments can help you build a corpus so that you can generate a large cash reserve. A large cash reserve means no anxiety about your financial security and more empowerment. Investing regularly in equity-oriented ULIPs over the long term has the potential to help you build a sizeable corpus to fulfill this purpose.
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
- Use the hashtag#FLinvest17 to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course.
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: On this free online course, you’ll learn about different investment choices, the returns and risks associated with each, and the evidence about their historical performance. You’ll explore investment strategies, as well as the practicalities about involvement in personal finance markets.
- Certificate: You can view and share your digital Statement immediately after checkout. Depending on your location, you’ll receive your printed Statement around six to eight weeks after you buy it or after your course finishes (whichever is later).
- You’ll explore investment strategies, as well as the practicalities about involvement in personal finance markets.
- In this free online course, you will know about recent and current case studies on investment issues.
- You will develop your personal financial skills to make good decisions when managing their investments and buying investment products.
Martin Upton: He is a Director of the True Potential Centre for the Public Understanding of Finance (PUFin) at the OU Business School. Previously He was Treasurer of Nationwide Building Society.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also join “Managing My Financial Journey” free online course.
- Managing My Investments aims to give you the tools to avoid these personal finance nightmares. Elsewhere households fail to plan properly, to make their investment choices fit with their risk appetites and the time horizons for access to their funds.
- Your Statement provides a summary of what you’ve learned and how long it took, giving you official evidence to show employers. The majorities of Future Learners who buy a Statement add it to their CV or resume, or use it as evidence of their Continuing Professional Development.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: