The University of Leeds offers a free online course named as “Starting a Business 5: Managing Finances”. The aim of the course is to find out how forecasting and managing your finances can lead to a profitable and sustainable business.
This course will help you manage your finances and provide relevant and timely information. All of the courses will help to enrich and extend your knowledge in a specific topic and develop your transferable skills. The course will start on 6 February.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 2 Weeks
- Effort: 2 hours pw
- Subject: Business, Finances
- Institution: University of Leeds
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on 6 February
- The University of Leeds, established in 1904, is one of the largest higher education institutions in the UK. They are a world top 100 university and are renowned globally for the quality of our teaching and research. The University strives to achieve academic excellence within an ethical framework informed by our values of integrity, equality, and inclusion, community, and professionalism.
- The University wants to reach a global audience, meeting the growing worldwide demand for access to higher education, so that the outstanding knowledge it creates can benefit a wider community.
There is no Eligibility or prerequisites required for the course.
About This Course
- Benefits: The management of finances is crucial to a successful business; financial information provides the evidence to support your decisions about a business and helps to justify those decisions when you present them to other people. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Every business owner has a vision for his company, and that vision is frequently manipulated by managing and prioritizing the use of financial resources. Given a set amount of finances, your financial objectives and anticipations will shape how you spend your business funds.
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/starting-a-business-5/12/welcome
- Use the hashtag#FLbizFinances to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course.
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of course: Throughout the course you will join a community of online learners, providing an opportunity for interactive learning with other students both in the UK and internationally.
- Certificate: To be eligible to buy a Certificate of Achievement, you must mark over 90% of course steps as complete and attempt all test questions, achieving a score of over 70%.
- The course will give you the time to plan, share your ideas with others and start to document your thoughts in a structured business plan.
- The course will help you to gain new skills, think critically and learn independently.
- All of the courses will help to enrich and extend your knowledge in a specific topic and develop your transferable skills.
- This course will help you manage your finances and provide relevant and timely information.
Richard Tunstall: He is the lecturer in Enterprise at the University of Leeds. Passionate about entrepreneurship.
Basic knowledge of Business and Finances
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can join “Starting a Business 1: Vision and Opportunity” free online course.
- All of the courses will help to enrich and extend your knowledge in a specific topic and develop your transferable skills.It will give you the time to plan, share your ideas with others and start to document your thoughts in a structured business plan.
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: