Massachusetts Institute of Technology is proud to declare free online course named as “Entrepreneurship 101: Who is Your Customer?” The course’s aim is to turn your idea into a business, as you learns the essential skills needed to effectively identify and target customers.
Entrepreneurship 101 is based on case studies of MIT startup companies and their founders. Through them, you’ll get exposed to innovations in mobile apps, 3D printing, power electronics, international development, watchmaking, and more. The course will start on February 28, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 2 weeks
- Effort: 10 hours per week
- Subject: Business & Management
- Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on February 28, 2017
- About University: Massachusetts Institute of Technology — a coeducational, privately endowed research university founded in 1861 — is dedicated to advancing knowledge and educating students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century.
- Aim of University: The mission of MIT is to advance knowledge and educate students in science, technology, and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in the 21st century.
Recommended: You Can Innovate: User Innovation & Entrepreneurship.
About This Course
- Benefits: The Bootcamp offers you the unique opportunity to be mentored by MIT faculty and MIT alumni entrepreneurs and investors as you begin your new entrepreneurial journey.The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Entrepreneurship is important because it helps to drive the economy, it allows people to bring creativity into the marketplace, it creates companies with the potential to hire millions of people and it brings new products and services to market. In addition, impact entrepreneurship, in which businesspeople pay attention to the social impact of their products and investments, aims to improve society and the environment.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://courses.edx.org/register?course_id=course-v1%3AMITx%2BBootcamp1%2B1T2017&enrollment_action=enroll&email_opt_in=true
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: Finally, it is great to take Entrepreneurship 101 as a team, for the course will give you a common framework to make decisions, laying the foundation for your long-term success. This course is equally valuable to educators, particularly former entrepreneurs, who are beginning to teach entrepreneurship.
- Certificate: You can pursue a verified certificate for $300 to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain, add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn.
- Primary Customer Research
- Bottom-Up Market Analysis
- Market Segmentation
- Beachhead Market Analysis
- Development of End User Profile
- Profiling of Customer Persona
- Estimation of Total Addressable Market Size
- Bill Aulet: He is the managing director of the Martin Trust Center for MIT Entrepreneurship at MIT as well as a senior lecturer at the MIT Sloan School of Management.
- Erdin Beshimov: He is a Founder of the MIT Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp and Lecturer in MIT’s online courses
No previous knowledge or experience is required, just an interest in Business.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also join “Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies” free online course.
- Finally, it is great to take Entrepreneurship 101 as a team, for the course will give you a common framework to make decisions, laying the foundation for your long-term success. As you’ll learn in this course, to go from idea to business, you’ll need a paying customer. Sound daunting? It’s OK – there is a systematic methodology for you to get a paying customer.
- If you pay for the certificate then you can receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: