The University of Birmingham is inviting you to join “Emergency and Urgent Care for Children: a Survival Guide” free online course. The course is designed to help you in learning to recognize & treat the commonest medical & minor trauma conditions affecting children.
The course will look at how children present, what is important in managing them outside of the hospital setting, and what other things could cause similar symptoms. The course will start on March 6, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 3 weeks
- Effort: 3 hours per week
- Subject: Emergency and Urgent Care for Children: a Survival Guide
- Institution: The University of Birmingham
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on March 6, 2017
- About University: Birmingham has been challenging and developing great minds for more than a century. Characterized by a tradition of innovation, research at the University has broken new ground, pushed forward the boundaries of knowledge and made an impact on people’s lives
- Aim of University: At Birmingham, the aim is to innovate and push the frontiers of understanding; it asks new research questions and turns theory through experiment into practice – because that’s what great universities do.
This course is primarily designed for advanced healthcare professionals working in the pre-hospital environment, including paramedics, pre-hospital medical teams, general practitioners (GPs) and health visitors.
About This Course
- Benefits: This free, three-week online course will show you how to recognize and treat some of the commonest medical conditions that affect children.The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Urgent care plays an important role in the healthcare industry. The centers provide convenient, affordable and high-quality care for a variety of common illnesses and injuries – from sprains and broken bones to strep throat and sinus infections. …Urgent care absolutely is not a substitute for emergency care.
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
- Use the hashtag #FLpaediatricsto join and contribute to social media conversations about this course
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: Knowledge of medical terminology will enhance the learning experience but this course will also be relevant to anyone who cares for unwell children, including teachers, parents, and grandparents.
- Certificate: To be eligible to buy a Certificate of Achievement, you must mark over 90% of course steps as complete and attempt all test questions, achieving a score of over 70%.You can easily add it to your LinkedIn profile, CV or resume, and share it with friends or employers.
After completing the course you will get knowledge about Demonstrate an understanding of the common causes, initial assessment and management priorities of children with the following: fever, breathing difficulties, head injuries, abdominal pain, seizures, rashes, dehydration, illness and minor injuries.
Tina Newton: She is Consultant in Paediatric Emergency Medicine at Birmingham Children’s Hospital. A Consultant in the NHS for 10 years, the Clinical Lead for the ED and Trust Lead for Children’s Major Traumas.
No specific knowledge or education background is assumed for the free online course.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested you can also join “Myths and Realities of Personalized Medicine: the Genetic Revolution” free online course.
- After completing the course you will know about medical conditions that affect children. And you will achieve the knowledge that how to recognize and treat some of the commonest medical conditions
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: