The Universitat Politècnica de Valencia (UPV) offers a free online course named as “Dynamics and Control”. Characterizing the dynamic behavior of systems and the possibility to change it by introducing control devices is the main aim of the course.
This is an interactive course about the basic concepts of Systems, Control and their impact in all the human activities. First, the basic concepts of systems, dynamics, structure, and control are introduced then, looking at many examples in nature and human-made devices. The course will start on February 28, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 6 weeks
- Effort: 4 hours per week
- Subject: Engineering
- Institution: The Universitat Politècnica de Valencia (UPV)
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on February 28, 2017
- About University: The Universitat Politècnica de Valencia (UPV) is a public educational institution that offers modern, flexible degrees designed to meet the demands of society, as well as an official postgraduate program that is subject to demanding educational quality control systems.
- Aim of University: The UPV is an innovative university that aims at developing creative and relevant ideas with an impact on society. That’s why the UPV includes the Ideas Institute, the first support program for university entrepreneurship in Spain, which has backed the creation of more than 400 companies since 1992.
In this free online course, the generic concepts of operators and relationships between variables are used but maths are avoided as much as possible. A basic knowledge of physics will help but it is not mandatory.
About This Course
- Benefits: Characterizing the dynamic behavior of systems and the possibility to change it by introducing control devices is the main aim of the course. How knowing how to evaluate the dynamic behavior of a system and measure its performance will provide the tools to design new controlled systems fulfilling some requirements. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: Once you have the information on how well the system is performing, you have to do something with that information. The problem the control system designer faces is to determine how to use the information available to develop and apply a control signal that will make the system do what he or she wants it to do.
How to Join This Course
You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://courses.edx.org/register
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: By considering which are the benefits of control and the challenges for the future we will open the mind to tackle new applications and develop new scenarios from the micro-systems level to the common systems and the whole universe. An overview of the techniques available for a deeper introduction to the subject will be presented at the end.
- Certificate: Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain. Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn.
Characterizing the dynamic behavior of systems and the possibility to change it by introducing control devices is the main aim of the course. You will:
- Learn to analyze the dynamic properties of a system and the options to change its behavior according to some requirements.
- Learn the basic concepts to undertake further studies in control engineering.
- See examples of its use in a variety of disciplines, from human and social sciences to any engineering field.
Pedro Albertos: He is Full Professor since 1975, he is currently at Systems Engineering and Control Dept. UPV, Spain.
You don’t need any prior knowledge to take this course, but basic knowledge of physics will helpful to you during the course.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested and want to join another course you can join “Advanced Biorefinery” free online course.
- After completing the course you will learn to analyze the dynamic properties of a system and the options to change its behavior according to some requirements. You will learn the basic concepts to undertake further studies in control engineering and its use in a variety of disciplines, from human and social sciences to any engineering field.
- Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects. Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: