Uppsala University is pleased to announce free online course termed as “Climate Change Leadership”. The course is designed to give you the knowledge that how to apply climate change leadership in your business, municipality or organization, with this free online course.
Climate change creates a situation of unprecedented urgency, complexity, and uncertainty, but also opens up new opportunities for innovation and leadership. The course will start on April 10, 2017.
Course At A Glance
- Length: 5 weeks
- Effort: 4 hours pw
- Subject: Climate Change Leadership
- Institution: Uppsala University
- Languages: English
- Price: Free
- Certificate Available: Yes
- Session: The course will start on April 10, 2017
- Uppsala University is the first university in Sweden, founded in 1477. The University is characterized by diversity and breadth, with international frontline research at nine faculties and limitless educational offerings at Bachelor’s and Master’s levels.
- It is a place for knowledge, culture and critical dialogue. The mission of Uppsala University is to gain and disseminate knowledge for the benefit of humankind and for a better world.
This course is designed for anyone who wants to take a leading role in tackling climate change. You might work in a small business, an NGO, a university faculty, government or municipality administration – or just be curious.
About This Course
- Benefits: In this free online course, you will get a view of the leadership challenges associated with climate change, as well as the new areas that are opening up for climate action. The language of the course is English.
- Importance of the Subject in Today’s Scenario: The reason studying climate and a changing climate is important, is that will affect people around the world. Rising global temperatures are expected to raise sea levels, and change precipitation and other local climate conditions. Changing regional climate could alter forests, crop yields, and water supplies.
How to Join This Course
- You should register yourself through the given link to join this free on-line course: https://www.futurelearn.com/register
- Use the hashtag#FLccleadership to join and contribute to social media conversations about this course.
Why Take This Course
- Advantage of Course: You will create a climate change leadership plan for an organization or issue that you care about, develop your own capacity as a climate change leader and discover ways to deal with climate change that is in proportion to the scale and urgency of the challenge.
- Certificate: To be eligible to buy a Certificate of Achievement, you must mark over 90% of course steps as complete and attempt all test questions, achieving a score of over 70%.
- You will create a climate change leadership plan for an organization or issue that you care about, develop your own capacity as a climate change leader
- The course is giving you the tools for creating change within your own personal and organizational contexts
- In this free online course you will learn that how to apply climate change leadership in your business, you will get a view of the leadership challenges associated with climate change.
- Daniel Mossberg: Director of Studies and Acting Program Director CEMUS/CSD, Uppsala University and SLU. Climate, energy, and its social dimensions.
- Jakob Grandin: Ph.D. fellow at SpaceLab, University of Bergen; previously at CEMUS, Uppsala. Researching climate and energy transformations in cities. Part of the Climate Change Leadership team.
- Friederike May: Course Coordinator at CEMUS/CSD, Uppsala University, and SLU.
Sustainability, education and the importance of putting theory into practice.
- Alexis Engström: Course Coordinator CEMUS/CSD, Uppsala University, and SLU. Environmental History, ESD and Active Student Participation.
You don’t need any prior knowledge to take this course, but an interest in climate.
You Might Also Be Interested In
If you are interested and want to join another course you can join “The Science of Nuclear Energy” free online course.
- Throughout, you will learn with researchers who approach climate change and leadership from scientific, social and cultural standpoints, giving you the tools for creating change within your own personal and organizational contexts.
- Your Certificate provides a detailed transcript of what you’ve learned. This includes how long you spent studying the course and your average test score. The Certificate and transcript give you evidence to show during job or university applications, or appraisals.
For more information about the course, you can check the given link: